cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this how Score Watch is supposed to work (what am I paying for?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this how Score Watch is supposed to work (what am I paying for?)

Hello, I purchased score watch on 5/18/08 to monitor my credit report as I had been told that TU truecredit.com (the service I had been using) wasn't the best product. Since 5/18 I've opened two credit card accounts, opened a new car loan and opened cell phone service with Verizon (that pulled my credit score) and I have not heard a peep from Score Watch. Truecredit.com on the other hand has notified me of every inquiry and every new account as well as provided updated scores. What the heck is Score Watch supposed to do and what did I pay $90 for? It has done nothing in the last 8 days other than provide my initial score which I already had with truecredit.com.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this how Score Watch is supposed to work (what am I paying for?)

Truecredit DOESNT provide FICO scores, they are FAKO scores. Sometimes SW takes a few days to catch up, however myfico is the ONLY place you can get your REAL scores from.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@momof2 wrote:
Truecredit DOESNT provide FICO scores, they are FAKO scores. Sometimes SW takes a few days to catch up, however myfico is the ONLY place you can get your REAL scores from.

I'd rather be alerted immediately to inquiries and new accounts with TU's truecredit than get no alerts with score watch and have to wait for 10 days to see if my fico score changes. Truecredit seems to be a better product for monitoring your identity/credit reports. Score Watch isn't doing anything for me, no alerts, nothing.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya, I have had mine since May 13th and the only thing I changed was paying towards my Credit card. I am hoping when I get my next statement and the CC company reports my new balance SW will update me with a new FICO score. We'll see
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.