Established Member
Pickle027

Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

I recently got an order to dismiss a judgment. I mailed it to all 3 CRAs, and all 3 have confirmed and deleted it from my report. I got a confirmation email from Equifax on July 29th, so how long does it take to show up on MyFico? I have score watch and there's no mention of it yet...anyone know how long it takes Score Watch to update it?

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

I don't have the Score Watch product but it is my understanding that it does not alert you simply to the removal of negative information. It will alert to a change in score if your alert parameters are correctly set. The dismissal may not have changed your score depending on it's age and remaining negative information. Or it may just take a few days to generate the alert.

There is a separate forum on FICO products which may offer some better information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

Moved to Product Feedback.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

HoldingOntoHope wrote:

I don't have the Score Watch product but it is my understanding that it does not alert you simply to the removal of negative information. It will alert to a change in score if your alert parameters are correctly set. The dismissal may not have changed your score depending on it's age and remaining negative information. Or it may just take a few days to generate the alert.

Ditto. SW won't alert you to dropped accounts, like this PR, but will alert you to any score changes on EQ provided your target score is hit or exceeded. Your EQ FICO within SW is monitored every 7 days or so. I would not assume though that EQ will delete it 7/29. They are fast for some and slow for others.

OP, you might benefit from a CMS like USAA's service. You can pull your reports daily. This comes in handy for impatient folks like myself. ETA...it goes without saying I hope that their scores and advice should be ignored and aren't FICO-related. But the report comes in handy if you want to know generally when the score alert from SW would come.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+