Established Member

Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

I recently got an order to dismiss a judgment. I mailed it to all 3 CRAs, and all 3 have confirmed and deleted it from my report. I got a confirmation email from Equifax on July 29th, so how long does it take to show up on MyFico? I have score watch and there's no mention of it yet...anyone know how long it takes Score Watch to update it?

Valued Contributor

Re: Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

I don't have the Score Watch product but it is my understanding that it does not alert you simply to the removal of negative information. It will alert to a change in score if your alert parameters are correctly set. The dismissal may not have changed your score depending on it's age and remaining negative information. Or it may just take a few days to generate the alert.

There is a separate forum on FICO products which may offer some better information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Re: Just got dispute confirmation back from Equifax...why isn't it updated on Score Watch yet?

Moved to Product Feedback.

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

HoldingOntoHope wrote:

I don't have the Score Watch product but it is my understanding that it does not alert you simply to the removal of negative information. It will alert to a change in score if your alert parameters are correctly set. The dismissal may not have changed your score depending on it's age and remaining negative information. Or it may just take a few days to generate the alert.

Ditto. SW won't alert you to dropped accounts, like this PR, but will alert you to any score changes on EQ provided your target score is hit or exceeded. Your EQ FICO within SW is monitored every 7 days or so. I would not assume though that EQ will delete it 7/29. They are fast for some and slow for others.

OP, you might benefit from a CMS like USAA's service. You can pull your reports daily. This comes in handy for impatient folks like myself. ETA...it goes without saying I hope that their scores and advice should be ignored and aren't FICO-related. But the report comes in handy if you want to know generally when the score alert from SW would come.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.