Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time to view reports?

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Length of time to view reports?

Hi all,

I purchased the Suze kit back last october(2007) when I first started my credit building journey. I initiated the 3 free pulls in the early to mid part of '08, but each report that I've bought since(2 EQ reports) is also showing that I can only view them until October of this year.

Is the closeout date of each successive CR purchased(after the initial 3 free reports) based on the Oct. purchase date of the original suze kit(oct. of 2007)?

Do I need to re-register or re-purchase the Suze kit to prevent a report/score purchased in August of this year from falling off in only 2 more months?

Message Edited by Lucid08 on 09-24-2008 12:34 AM
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Length of time to view reports?

IF the dates are correct on mine- the old reports are going be gone-
If you renew Suzi or not.
Message 2 of 7
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Timothy,

It's -not- the old reports that I'm asking about.

According to what I'm seeing, even I buy a report today, it will dissapear come Oct. 1st....less than 10 days after I buy it. I was under the impression that the 1-year date was calculated form the purchase date of the actual credit report and score. Not from the 1-year date of buying the Suze kit.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy is correct. The FICO Kit expires 1 year after you activate it (or purchase it online). We do not track when you pull the 3 reports you get with your Kit, so you may have only a limited time to view your last report and score.

Sorry if this was unclear in the product description.
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Lucid, I didn't realize this either. * sighs *

If you click the printable report option, you can save the expanded report on disk, as well as print it out.

That maintains your ability to see the reports, although you lose access to the EQ and TU sims.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

It's completely ok. I am probably at fault for not reading the package notes more carefully. Smiley Happy

However, I would like to suggest that the developers at MyFico might want to reconsider the one year limit on the Suze kit. It truly is a great kit for someone who is rebuilding or establishing new credit, but I would like to suggest maybe making the kit "open ended" with an annual renewal date so a person could keep long term records of their credit reports and scores. The ability to do that, along with the already included score simulator, would make the Suze kit an even more desirable purchase IMHO. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Lucid08 wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

It's completely ok. I am probably at fault for not reading the package notes more carefully. Smiley Happy

However, I would like to suggest that the developers at MyFico might want to reconsider the one year limit on the Suze kit. It truly is a great kit for someone who is rebuilding or establishing new credit, but I would like to suggest maybe making the kit "open ended" with an annual renewal date so a person could keep long term records of their credit reports and scores. The ability to do that, along with the already included score simulator, would make the Suze kit an even more desirable purchase IMHO. Smiley Happy

Good suggestion, Lucid08! We're currently reviewing the length of access for various myFICO products, including the Suze Kit.

One change we're going to be making in the next few months is extending the length of time you can access reports from the FICO Credit Complete product from the current 30 days to a longer time period.

I doubt we're going to want to extend the life of the simulator, though, since the information on the report usually changes within 30 days and using old data for score simulations isn't something we'd want to promote.

Again, thanks for the feedback! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.