Reply
New Visitor
diane4fico07
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-17-2007

More FICO?

I have been with this service for a short time, but I must admit, I don't like paying to update my credit score when I please.  On the other hand, when FICO is good about notifying yours truly when my credit score goes up or down (heaven forbid!::womansad:
 
They are also accurate in notifying me when one of my creditors balances goes up.  Overall, I like FICO and I have no real complaints......not yet.....:womanvery-happy:
 
Diane
New Visitor
Snoop
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-05-2007

Re: More FICO?

I agree with not being happy about paying to see your friggin credit score. It's an ultra rip-off and a racket.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: More FICO?

FACTA said the CRAs have to give you a free report. Nothing about free FAKOs and certainly nothing about free FICOs.
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007

Re: More FICO?



Noah_Bodie wrote:
FACTA said the CRAs have to give you a free report. Nothing about free FAKOs and certainly nothing about free FICOs.



FICO is a business. If I were to give my product out for nothing I wouldn't last long.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: More FICO?



smallfry wrote:

FICO is a business. If I were to give my product out for nothing I wouldn't last long.


Even with the FACTA requirements on CRAs to give out free CRs once a year, they ain't hurting. They more than make it up on their 3-in-1 monitoring services, and I suspect a lot of consumers are still paying $8-12 a shot for their CRs. I won't even get started on the obfuscation that appears intended to deter disputes and get one to buy another report.
 
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007

Re: More FICO?



Noah_Bodie wrote:


smallfry wrote:

FICO is a business. If I were to give my product out for nothing I wouldn't last long.


Even with the FACTA requirements on CRAs to give out free CRs once a year, they ain't hurting. They more than make it up on their 3-in-1 monitoring services, and I suspect a lot of consumers are still paying $8-12 a shot for their CRs. I won't even get started on the obfuscation that appears intended to deter disputes and get one to buy another report.



TC is cheap enough for most to afford.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+