cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Loan Offers - Anyone ever use them ?

tag
MM1234
Regular Contributor

MyFICO Loan Offers - Anyone ever use them ?

I was wondering if anyone has used this link/service to see how competitive the rates are for either buying a home or re-fi etc. Personally I get a feeling they are all reputable lenders and I'd trust MyFICO. And it says you get like 4 offers.

I think my scores will allow me to shop around but was just wondering if you have any advice or expereince with any online lenders versus your local friendly banker.

Im all about saving and with no hidden fees, I was just wondering.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFICO Loan Offers - Anyone ever use them ?

Actually, yes. Had no issues and was approved.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If and when my FICO ever goes up to the point I might conceivably qualify for one of those loans, I'll check it out...when personal spacecraft become available, hey, maybe I'll become eligible for a loan.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

NWM, I know how you feel and I know that it sure seems that way but time passes far quicker than you think it will.  I'm not a very patient person and I thought I was never ever going to get a credit card.  Finally after I dinged my credit report to death (about 6 inq's on one report), I came home from work the other day - lo and behold - there was a prime credit card in my mailbox.  Granted the limit isn't something to brag about but hey, they are willing to give me a chance and that's all I asked for so I am happy and plan on showing my gratitude by being a loyal, timely paying customer. 

Don't think I'm going to forget about those who turned me down.  I understand that creditors are apprehensive about granting credit to those who have little but sheesh, they grant credit to people who have far worse credit than I do daily - people with CO's, delinquents, etc.  That's what gets me - I have little credit but what I have is good.  Once I get established in the credit world and happen to get an offer from one of those of little faith, I'm going to call them and politely tell them that I don't want their card.  If they didn't want me then, then I don't want them now!  By the time I get to that point, there'll be plenty of fish in the sea for me.  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cards did you consider and which offer did you finally take? I am considering closing my s/p cards and seeking a good starter prime card.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure who you were asking this of but I considered several, however, they didn't consider me.  I finally got a Chase Perfect Rewards card.  3% rewards on all gas purchases, 1% on all other purchases.  With the once again rising price of gas, I figured every little bit helps.  Gasoline purchases is all I'm planning to use it for although I did just pay a small bill to get it started and then paid it down to bare minimum as soon as the charge finally posted.  The interest rate is high due to my thin credit file but then again, I don't plan to keep enough on it to get slammed with a lot of interest anyway.  It is merely a tool to raise my scores and build positive history.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.