Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Score Watch question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO Score Watch question

Hey everyone,

So, I'm paying about $9 a month to have the MyFICO score watch thing, and I thought that meant I'd get updates when my score changed, which I haven't gotten. I guess it's only supposed to update you when something in your *report* changes, and not your score itself ... is that right?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Re: MyFICO Score Watch question

No Score Watch will update you every time your score changes and when certain changes are made on your report.  What do you have your target score set as?  You should be setting it one point above your current score.  You if your score is 600 your target should be 601.  If you have it set at let's say 650 you will not get an alert if your score reaches 630. 

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Good advice. Just a little clarification....

Setting your target score at one above the current score is good, though setting it right at your current score is even better if you want more score alerts. Also, be aware that this will still not generate alerts every time your score changes, since SW only monitors for score changes every 7 days.

For more information, check the Score Watch Guide.
Message 3 of 7
fricnfrac1
Contributor

I received my first alert exactly when I was supposed to, so I have faith this product works so far.

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob... Can you please clarify something for me...I understand that the Credit Alert will not trigger if a balance is reduced or a TL is deleted... but if one of these things happen and the score goes up or down will I receive a Score Alert when SW does its weekly monitor? (I have my target score equal to the current MyFico score on my product page)

The reason I ask this is because since the last Score Alert that I had on 10/12 I knew that there were some items that were removed and changed for the better on my credit report. I didn't expect a Credit Alert but I figured I would have seen a Score Alert when the weekly monitoring was done. After waiting for sometime and since there was no change, I first tried to purchase my score but because my purchase was for a EQ and TU score and because for some reason TU makes me jump through an extra hoop to get my score or report... MyFico would not let me make the purchase at that time because TU wouldn't verify me... I ended up burning my second Score Power Report in order to see the EQ score and it showed that my score jumped 12pts. Never received a Score Alert since 10/12.

FYI:A few days after I tried to purchase and had to burn my Score Power report, I talked to a MyFico rep and cancelled the order for the EQ and TU score purchase. I know it was not MyFICOs fault, its just because of the TU score being purchased at the same time, but is there anyway I can get my Score Power Report back since my intent was to purchase and I didn't understand what happen until I talked with the MyFICO rep a few days later?

Message 5 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Hi icg123....Bob isn't here, but I'll try to answer your question.... Smiley Wink

It sounds like by setting your target to your current score you're doing the right thing to get a score change alert with your next score change . It's hard to say exactly why you haven't received any score change alerts since 10/12, as there were a couple of changes to the target score after that date and SW only monitors weekly for score changes.

We've added a a couple of free EQ report to replace the one you had to use earlier and so you can pull a new score to reset your target score to, if necessary. My recommendation would be to immediately pull a score and update your target with it. Then hang on to the other one for future. Good luck!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Barry... not sure where I came up with Bob... oops.

Thank you for the advice and the free reports. I'll do as you recommended and hopefully it will start working. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.