Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Two Month Credit for Faulty Monitoring

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

MyFICO Two Month Credit for Faulty Monitoring

It's nice to finally see MyFICO accept responsibility for the problem rather than pretending it did not exist.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kellan
Regular Contributor

Re: MyFICO Two Month Credit for Faulty Monitoring

Did they? I have not seen anything saying they did.

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 2 of 13
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Would you mind elaborating a little bit the post is kind of vague.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is nice. I canceled two weeks ago and the CSR did not even ask why... just said "OK".... I had a scare with a change in an address with TU... completely wrong. Not sure where the address change came into play. Glad you received two months free!

Message 4 of 13
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

It's nice to finally see MyFICO accept responsibility for the problem rather than pretending it did not exist.

That's good to know, though I'm with the others who'd like to hear more about what the initial problem was.

I just upgraded last week from EQ Score Watch monitoring to three bureau SW monitoring and so far I'm still getting alerts only from EQ. I was going to wait a week or so to see if TU and EX catch up (I've gotten EX alerts through Credit Sesame, so I know the bureau has the info), but so far, it appears the product is faulty and I'm not looking forward to the kind of nightmare customer service experience a lot of other people have described.

Message 5 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I haven't had any issues with mine at all. All 3 update as things change on the report, from balances to new accounts. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I didn't recieve EX alerts for over a month after signing up for the 3 score and ID monitoring. I didn't recieve TU updates for a couple months.  Over the last month both have issued alerts in alignment with the FAQ. They have to taylor alerts with what each CRA is capable of generating. I was annoyed with the sloppy rollout but bugs are in the nature of this sort of scale change. I expected they would fix it and they did.

I recieved a notice and credit for two months a couple days ago.  Seems like a pretty responsible thing to di.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 7 of 13
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I received the same email saying that I would receive a credit for two months. I have only received a credit for one month (credit received on 12/24). Anyone else have this happen?

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 8 of 13
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I followed up with Customer Care, explaining that I received an email saying that I would be credited for two months' billings at $19.95 each, and that on 12/24 I did receive a credit, but it was for one month. I waited a week to see if the other month's fee would be credited, but it had not.

Today I received a reply telling me:

Thank you for contacting myFICO Customer Care. We apologize for the technical error affecting your order. A refund of $ 19.95 was processed for the months of November and December.

Regards,
myFICO Customer Care
www.myFICO.com

Dudes. I am trying to tell you that I have not received one of the refunds. Called the phone number, and even though they are supposed to be open until 6 PM PST (I think that's what it said on the site), they were closed.

*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that it's going to take more than $20 worth of my time to get their error resolved?

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 9 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

I have not had an issue with the credit. Both credits were applied on 12.24.

More importantly, I am so pleased that I am now receiving a decent flow of alerts. Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.