Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO alerts show cards twice

tag
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

MyFICO alerts show cards twice

Is this normal? I've gotten alerts from myFICO about 2 of my credit cards's balances increasing and in both cases the alerts showed the card twice. Identical card, name and number but twice. Also, one of the cards is an Amex and the number is completely different than my actual Amex number and it has 17 digits instead of 15. Is this normal too? I am confused. I'm hoping the issue is with myFICO and not the CRs. My Equifax report does show the correct number of cards and only lists each card once. Anyone else have cards reported twice on alerts?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFICO alerts show cards twice

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Is this normal? I've gotten alerts from myFICO about 2 of my credit cards's balances increasing and in both cases the alerts showed the card twice. Identical card, name and number but twice. Also, one of the cards is an Amex and the number is completely different than my actual Amex number and it has 17 digits instead of 15. Is this normal too? I am confused. I'm hoping the issue is with myFICO and not the CRs. My Equifax report does show the correct number of cards and only lists each card once. Anyone else have cards reported twice on alerts?

It may be a glitch, or, are you signed up for both Quarterly Monitoring and Score Watch?  If so, both services may be trying to alert you about the activity

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 11
starry1
Valued Contributor

At least you'regetting alerts. 

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 3 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Can you pull your CR to check? That is what I would do. It could be a glitch, but I would want to double-check and know for sure.

Unless, as Webhopper said, you have 2 services. Then each one would send an alert. But that doesn't explain the difference in acct. numbers.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 11
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Im only signed up with SW, and the same thing happen to me.  There will be a change in one of my accounts, SW will say 2 accounts have had a change, and both accounts will be the same.  I've gotten used to it, and just ignore it.  Ive had SW since 2009, it started having this glitch sometime around early 2011, I think.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to myFICO product feedback......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Also, one of the cards is an Amex and the number is completely different than my actual Amex number and it has 17 digits instead of 15. Is this normal too?

Yes ~ the AMEX Account Number that appears on your credit reports is not the same as your actual account #.   It is an internal AMEX reference number.

Message 7 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@QuantumCredit wrote:

OP, it's not a glitch. SW will alert you to balance increases. By default within your Settings, SW will alert you to balance increases based on $x and will alert you to balance increases based on x%. I think the default is $5 and 5%, though can't remember. So....if both settings are set to "Y" for yes, then each time you have a CC that increases by x% and $x, you'll see two alerts for the same account. You can turn one of the two off if bothersome. Just select "N" for no on one of the two.

Message 8 of 11
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@QuantumCredit wrote:

OP, it's not a glitch. SW will alert you to balance increases. By default within your Settings, SW will alert you to balance increases based on $x and will alert you to balance increases based on x%. I think the default is $5 and 5%, though can't remember. So....if both settings are set to "Y" for yes, then each time you have a CC that increases by x% and $x, you'll see two alerts for the same account. You can turn one of the two off if bothersome. Just select "N" for no on one of the two.

OMG, thank you so much, that makes perfect sense! Mystery solved.

@pizzadude wrote:

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Also, one of the cards is an Amex and the number is completely different than my actual Amex number and it has 17 digits instead of 15. Is this normal too?

Yes ~ the AMEX Account Number that appears on your credit reports is not the same as your actual account #.   It is an internal AMEX reference number.

I see. Is Amex the only company that does this? All of my other CR numbers are the same as the actual CC numbers. Also the Amex number has 17 digits, so 2 more than the Amex CC number, I'm assuming that's also part of their internal "encoding"?

Message 9 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I see. Is Amex the only company that does this? All of my other CR numbers are the same as the actual CC numbers. Also the Amex number has 17 digits, so 2 more than the Amex CC number, I'm assuming that's also part of their internal "encoding"?

Yes, as far as I know AMEX is the only creditor that masks the account # on your credit reports with an internal reference number.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.