cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

@gettnthere wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I made registration with filling some kind of form.

I want to cancel my acc the same way. I hate talking to phone and this is very wrong to made people to call so they cancel their registration or they will be charged.

Very very bad approach for me ! When I succeed to cancel my trial I will never come back

UMM....ok....cya

Oh yea, had you read the above posts, you would know that you DONT HAVE to call in to cancel....use the link on the webpage provided.......

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Deqn is right.  Clicking on the link takes me back to the page that says I have to call in.  Very inconvenient.

Message 32 of 48
hybstrat
New Visitor

This is unacceptable business practice.  I had the same experience with cancellation, and the representative was adamant that I did not cancel my subscription within the 10-day time frame. So  I cancelled it AGAIN and she confirmed that there won't be any future charges.  And what happened?  Saw another charge from myfico on March 7. 

Don't you think it is deplorable that an agency that is considered to be the end all in terms of credit scores continues to fraudulently charge people and deny having received any cancellations?   Perhaps we should all write the attorney general if this is the only recourse.

Message 33 of 48
adbro
New Visitor

I just cancelled my trial via the Contact Us submission form on here per the instructions of a phone representative. I think today is the 8th day of my trial. Since it's a Friday, will I encounter any problems with them not receiving my request until Monday?

I want to make sure I'm not charged for this and I'm cancelled before the 10-day mark.

Thanks.

Message 34 of 48
Xoalexandraleigh
New Visitor

I cannot find anywhere that allows me to cancel my 10 day free subscription. I really dislike when sites make it difficult to find the cancellation area of the site. How do I go about this? Also, the help forums for performing these tasks are awful. All it does is tell me why I shouldnt cancel rather than how to.

Message 35 of 48
kellif
New Visitor

Hi, I read every post in the forum, and I see Barry at one point was very helpful...now he is gone? I am just a little frustrated because there seems to be no other way to cancel excpet to either call or submit a "contact us" form that demands you to choose from a small array of options, none of them being to cancel my free trial. I went to the link that was posted previously, and within the past year, myfico has completely REMOVED any help at all from that page! I am well aware of the benefits of knowing my score, hence my visiting the site to begin with. The page only gives reasons why I should NOT cancel my trial. How ridiculous! It is my money, thank you. I am sorry if I seem rude, but I have literally spent the last HOUR trying to cancel this! I will not be using the site again :-(

Message 36 of 48
maiii86
New Visitor

Re: Happened to me too: Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

I'm experiencing the same issue. This is extremely deceiving. It now makes me wish I caused them more pain than it was worth and asked them to provide it in writing (required by law) so that they would have to pay for printing and postage. Is there anything that can be done here?

Message 37 of 48
maiii86
New Visitor

Barry, is there anyway that you could assist? You seem to have easily done this. The customer service for this company is horrid. They are very rude on the phone. I work in IT and I'm not understanding why I have to contact you via phone to cancel my subscription, when I can sign up online no problem. It's a pure scheme to get you to call in to them, when it's completely unnecessary.

Message 38 of 48
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@maiii86 wrote:

Barry, is there anyway that you could assist? You seem to have easily done this. The customer service for this company is horrid. They are very rude on the phone. I work in IT and I'm not understanding why I have to contact you via phone to cancel my subscription, when I can sign up online no problem. It's a pure scheme to get you to call in to them, when it's completely unnecessary.

Unfortunately Barry is no longer part of the forums. Smiley Sad

Message 39 of 48
TomBarrister

Same thing happened to me.  Now I have to phone in to cancel, and my card was charged.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.