iinversion

MyFico 10 Day "FREE" Trial

I signed up for this 10 day trial knowing it said there was a 3 month minimum subscription afterwards at $14.95/mo. The main reason I signed up was to do a one time check on my credit score. The next day, I requested that this free trial be canceled via e-mail so I could avoid this 3 month subscription totalling $45. So today after looking at my bank statement it looks like I just got charged $14.95 for something I thought I canceled. Now I'm going to end up paying $45 for something I didn't even want, this is just great. Way to just be decieving and take my money myFico. Thanks. To make it better, I never even recieved a response to my request to cancel.. never again will I use this crap for anything. It would have been cheaper to just buy a one time score from one of the many places there are to buy it. 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: MyFico 10 Day "FREE" Trial

[ Edited ]

My wife just signed up for a free trial today, and just canceled it and got confimation.  I was careful to make sure I knew exactly how to cancel before she completely signed up.  I do agree, however, that myFICO should make it a little more clear for people that want to cancel.  For anybody else looking for the cancelation link, here it is:

https://www.myfico.com/help/contactus.aspx

FICO Scores: EQ:712 TU:767 EX:706
Barclays Arrival World MasterCard $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k
Established Member
fast_cat77

I don't understand...

you said you signed up and you knew there was a minimum of a 3 month requirement... and you are upset because you were charged for the term you knew was required? 

If you did not know.. that is one thing... or you recived a FAKO score... instead of FICO score... I could understand your unsatisfaction. 

but you knew what the requirement was...

Starting Score: 683
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
iinversion

If you read the entire thing correctly you would see that I am upset because I requested to cancel the free subscription a day after I had been using it and it was never cancelled. I KNEW I had to cancel it before 10 days and I did that, but it was never cancelled. 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

[ Edited ]

iinversion wrote:

If you read the entire thing correctly you would see that I am upset because I requested to cancel the free subscription a day after I had been using it and it was never cancelled. I KNEW I had to cancel it before 10 days and I did that, but it was never cancelled. 

You aren't really choosing the best mediums.   If you want to cancel, find the cancellation link which I posted above.  If you think you were unfairly charged and are trying to get a credit, then you should call myFICO customer support and talk to someone in real time.

FICO Scores: EQ:712 TU:767 EX:706
Barclays Arrival World MasterCard $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+