Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Charges Card, but Doesn't give score, BEWARE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Charges Card, but Doesn't give score, BEWARE

I placed an order for my FICO scores, and was charged the full amount only to receive an error message that there's a technical difficulty. Called back today, and was told there is nothing they can do and I will be refunded in 7-10 business days. I'm wondering why on earth they use the authorization hold method on your card when they aren't shipping anything to you. This should be a 1-step charge. Customer service was incredibly rude and basically told me to deal with it. I will not be doing business with this company in the future, and I advise all others to beware of their fraudulent practices.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: MyFico Charges Card, but Doesn't give score, BEWARE

Mine went through fine.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: MyFico Charges Card, but Doesn't give score, BEWARE

@Anonymous wrote:

I placed an order for my FICO scores, and was charged the full amount only to receive an error message that there's a technical difficulty. Called back today, and was told there is nothing they can do and I will be refunded in 7-10 business days. I'm wondering why on earth they use the authorization hold method on your card when they aren't shipping anything to you. This should be a 1-step charge. Customer service was incredibly rude and basically told me to deal with it. I will not be doing business with this company in the future, and I advise all others to beware of their fraudulent practices.

Hi camsd85,

Sorry you weren't able to get your TU score.  That charge must have been a debit card pre-authorization that has probably fallen off by now -- or at least will shortly.  I realize it doesn't seem right to hold on to these funds when we're not able to deliver a score.  Unfortunately, this pre-authorization process is required by the payment processor, with myFICO having no control over it. There's no excuse, however, for a rude customer service rep.  I've notified the customer service manager of this.

If those funds aren't released within 10 business days from the date you attempted the purchase, let me know and I'll follow up for you.  I'm sure you either already have it or will have it within a few days, though.

-Barry

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.