Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Score watch question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Score watch question

Greetings all,

I currently have the MyFico Score watch activated for my scores.  I just had (as in this morning) a couple of collection accounts and a late payment deleted from my Equifax report, but haven't received an update from MyFico with any type of account or score change.  Does it typically take a few days or perhaps weeks in order for Scorewatch to get the update from the Bureaus and report the information updates to you?  Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico Score watch question

Im wondering the same thing, Ive had instances where a balance has changed or a collection removed and nothing from scorewatch at all.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hopefully we can figure it out.  I assumed there would be some sort of score update as all these acounts that were removed were very recent in age, and didn't want to have to keep shelling out the 15 dollars to get updated reports information when I have any type of significant changes, which is what I thought the Scorewatch was for anyways.

Ok, so just got off the phone with the MyFico Service Support, and it is supposed to update within a week.  Scorewatch monitors daily, but only reports once per week.  Thanks,

Brandon

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings all,

I currently have the MyFico Score watch activated for my scores.  I just had (as in this morning) a couple of collection accounts and a late payment deleted from my Equifax report, but haven't received an update from MyFico with any type of account or score change.  Does it typically take a few days or perhaps weeks in order for Scorewatch to get the update from the Bureaus and report the information updates to you?  Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Congrats on the deleted baddies!

As you may know, ScoreWatch monitors and looks out for significant changes (click here for the SW Guide) to your Equifax report and also monitors your Equifax FICO score. If your late was removed from an account listed in your EQ report, and that removed late resulted in a change in the "Worst Delinquency" or status, then you'll get a credit alert. Most alerts come within a couple of days, but I've been alerted as fast as the same day in the past. One thing that it won't alert you for is dropped accounts unfortunately. So, if collections are removed, you won't get a credit alert. But if those dropped accounts resulted in a score change on EQ, then you'll get a score alert. To make sure you always get alerted to any score changes, be sure to set your "Target score" to exactly equal your current score. That way if the score goes up or down, you'll get alerted to it. After every score change, go back in and reset your target score again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.