Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Sucks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Sucks

Hi All,

To all of you who are considering whether to buy this product or not I will say this. MyFico Sucks. They are cold hearted company whose limits for greed's does not know any boundaries. There customer care is worthless. They have customer representatives who read from a ready made script and cannot think from there head.

They don't understand about problems and are good at pointing out your deficiencies. Never ever buy their products.

I recently signed up for their credit monitoring services and yesterday (22-March-2012) was my tenth day. They charged me the 14.95$  today. I had already bought credit monitoring and three credit bureau reports from another company (I am not here for advertising another competitor) and I wanted to cancel the account. The moment I saw the email that said they had charged me I called in there customer care and I was told there policies of not canceling after being sucked into there program. I was also pointed out that I did not call back within 10 days to cancel. I told them that I had been running between hospital (for my 2 year old daughter) and I missed to call them in these 10 days but the heartless guys they are, they refused to cancel. I wanted to talk to their supervisor and she also said the same thing,I told them that I had personal emergencies and I cannot pay at two different places but still they went on reading from a prepared script.

Now I am stuck paying 14.95 for three months here and at 35$ at other service. I really like the other service because they give me unlimited credit reports and also do the credit monitoring for me in 35$ which was what I actually wanted. They offered me 6 months of credit monitoring at 9$ it amounted to paying the same cost over time. I simply did not want this service but the failed Hollywood actors the customer care are they could only say the lines from the prepared scripts.

I told them that I understand the stuff about policy had it been the twelfth day or thirteenth day. If it is the same day on which I was charged I am generally allowed to cancel. Every company who has a contract generally has a grace day. These guys don't have any compassion for regular folks and are out only looking to make money and sucking the regular folks dry.

I urge all of you to reconsider investing with MyFico and take your hard earned dollars to somewhere where they value you as a customer and will listen to you compasionately and don't employ failed Hollywood actors and actresses as there customer representative.

Sadly

MyFico Sucks

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico Sucks

All of you who had a problem with MyFico are requested to joinFacebook.com/MyFico.Sux

Message 2 of 37
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Why didn't you cancel before the 10th day?

This thread will likely end up locked but It still needs asking. I see a ton of posts complaining about being charged for the service where people either forgot, waited until the last minute, or didn't read the agreement. Why be mad at the company when being charged is a direct result of your own irresponsibility?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 37
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I've signed up for the 10 day free SW last week, and if anything, I need to adjust my alerts. It sends me all kinds of alerts every other day.  It works fine.  I think there should be a page for people who might have trouble reading instructions. IMHO.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 37
pakman92
Established Contributor

Let's be clear.  I've had multiple compaints about the SW product and have posted my complaints as well as plead to Barry for refund for Power Score pulls I wasted.  But, that is just that.  Compain against ONE product this site offers.    

I don't think it's fair to say, 'myFICO' sux, when that includes this incredible community that has help many (including myself) understand and fix their credit.

IMHO

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 5 of 37
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I only thought the post was about SW, not us. Smiley Happy

We're awesome!!

Message 6 of 37
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Just saying. Your probably the guy who applied for 40 credit cards within a year too. This is a great site. Please read the terms and conditions before applying. 

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 7 of 37
rena347
New Contributor

I actually had the same experience (forgetting to cancel within the trial period) with another credit score/monitoring service. I signed up for the trial period and forgot to cancel until I saw the charge on my credit card. I figured, well I already paid for the month so I will use it and cancel before the next monthly charge. I wasn't impressed with the service especially after I read on this forum that they were giving me a fako score and not a fico score. Anyway, I did remember to call the day before that next month ended to cancel. The CSR asked me why I was cancelling and I said it was because they weren't giving out a true fico score. They must have heard that reason before because she gave me whole spiel about how lenders use all kinds of different scores so it really didn't matter because I should use their score just as a guideline. After she finally stopped to take a breath, I told her I appreciated the information but wanted to cancel. She then proceeded to offer to continue the service for half price ($8.95 instead of the current $17.95) for the next 24 months. I told her no again and she finally agreed to cancel. I guess my point is that all of the services that offer free trial period will bill you at the end of the trial period if you don't call to cancel.

Message 8 of 37
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

The result of not following directions, was that consequently you had to pay for a purchase you made.  This does not mean myFICO sucks, or that Score Watch sucks.  I am sorry that you had problems during day 10, but you had 9 previous days in which you chose not to cancel this product.  Procrastination caused your problem, not the CSR's that charged you for the product you legitamately bought. 

Score Watch does not do everything I would like it to do, but the product works as described, and is properly represented on this site. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 9 of 37
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

The result of not following directions, was that consequently you had to pay for a purchase you made.  This does not mean myFICO sucks, or that Score Watch sucks.  I am sorry that you had problems during day 10, but you had 9 previous days in which you chose not to cancel this product.  Procrastination caused your problem, not the CSR's that charged you for the product you legitamately bought. 

Score Watch does not do everything I would like it to do, but the product works as described, and is properly represented on this site. 

I really wisth you had written "but given enough time, the product works as described". Smiley Happy

I'm really getting frustrated at how long it takes to update new accounts. I've been able to see one for a week on another monitoring service that provides a FAKO score. It's annoying that I'm essentially supposed to burn a Score Power report to see an updated score.

Before anyone asks; Yes. Target score is set to current FICO. And yes, I've also logged into SW repeatedly to see if there was an aert but no e-mail.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.