cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico, This is RIDICULOUS! Are your practices as shady as some of the Credit Card Companies?

tag
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

MyFico, This is RIDICULOUS! Are your practices as shady as some of the Credit Card Companies?

I have enjoyed using myfico for the past three years and having the ScoreWatch paid service, but I have come to a point where I no longer feel I need ScoreWatch to manage my credit situation. So, when I got a 'friendly' reminder yesterday that my ScoreWatch would automatically renew on 10/3/11, I went out to the site, researched how to cancel my subscription to ScoreWatch and submitted the email to Fair Isaac.

As expected and hoped, I received a timely email response indicating that my Order Cancellation was 'Scheduled'. Scheduled for 10/11/11, one week after you plan on charging me for another year of ScoreWatch. Huh? Scheduled? This is the organization that can allegedly get your up-to-the-minute credit score and report, yet it apparently takes you THREE WEEKS to cancel a subscription?

This is unacceptable. I would recommend that no one purchase ScoreWatch if this is the type of customer service that myfico intends to provide. I have been a loyal and happy user for more than three years, but I've now been disillusioned and disappointed by what I once felt was a reputable and customer-oriented company.

Thanks for nothing. Boo!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFico, This is RIDICULOUS! Are your practices as shady as some of the Credit Card Companies?

Maybe they are giving a free week? I'd call them to be sure.

Message 2 of 5
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Re: MyFico, This is RIDICULOUS! Are your practices as shady as some of the Credit Card Companies?

Ok, tail between legs, I'm going to backtrack completely on this one. I called MyFico, and a very friendly and helpful agent let me know that last year, my billing info was out of date when the automated renewal first tried to process. When I went in and updated the info, the renewal processed, but the agent used the transaction date rather than the renewal date, so this year, the subscription was set to renew based on the transaction date of 10/3 instead of the renewal date of 10/16.

The agent I spoke to was cancelling the scheduled cancellation and rescheduling the cancellation for 9/30, and also indicated that he would make sure I had a confirmation email sent out to verify all of this.

MyFico, you are back in my good graces. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is similar to a problem I also had.  On the day before my renewal I failed to receive a Score watch notice reminding me of their intent to convert my account, yet received a renewal e-mail the next day.  Hoping this would be a misunderstanding that I could quickly clear up, I called to correct my problem.  After about 30 min on the phone with both a Rep and her Supervisor, I was told that my problem was unimportant to them and I was out of luck.  They informed me that in fact I had been DeFacto set up for 3 more months of the Service ...which I was unable to cancel at my connivance.  THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.  Who needs to lock people into quarter year subscriptions if they actually have a product worth buying, or customer service worth talking to? 

Please do not buy anything substantial through this company, and if you do...remember to cancel on time, because they do not care about you as a customer. 

Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to let you know that four of your posts have been removed because they violate the FICO Forums User Guidelines and Terms of Service, which prohibit:

“Bombing” the site or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the Site, or excessive cross-posting.

Please read the Terms of Service, and User Guidelines before posting again.

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.