cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico says not enough info to provide scores???

tag
lostinlala2
Valued Member

Myfico says not enough info to provide scores???

Just tried to purchase ScoreWatch to start upping hubby's credit score. MyFico says not enough info for Fair Isaac to provide score. I've seen our credit report..it is long and ugly. What to do? Will my report/scores reflect his info if I run it that way? Is this a product issue or a rebuilding credit issue?

All his collections and other baddies are old (mostly 7 years). All the current cards are in my name with him as authorized user. The car loan is listed under my name (dad cosigned).

Trying to get FHA loan for first home (hopefully very soon) and mortgagae broker says suntrust just upped min to 640 and others could follow suit. DH was teetering just below that number in Sept. 08 when we were originally preapproved...the broker didn't have any trouble getting a score for both me and my husband, so what gives?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Myfico says not enough info to provide scores???

No, it has to show that he has had some sort of credit reporting in his name, even as an AU, within the last six months.

If he does have older stuff showing, as long as one of them reported for six months straight, even if it's not within the last six months, that will count for the other requirement.

In other words, it can be two different accounts --Bank A being recent, say only 3 months' worth of history and Bank B an older one, with say 8 months of history, that stopped updating 2 years ago. The two different accounts would meet the two different requirements.

Hope that makes sense. Smiley Tongue

You might want to post over on the Credit Cards forum, asking if anyone has an AU Cap One card that reports. I don't think that I've ever heard one way or another about this. It's possible that if you ask the right person at Cap One, they'll report it.

If you have any other cards where he could be an AU, you might also ask if those cards do report the AU. I know that in my own experience, PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) does not report AU's but Discover, American Express, Gap, and Bank of America do. I honestly can't recall off the top of my head about other banks (Citi, Chase, etc.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

To get a score, he must:

-- have had credit reported within the last six months
-- have had a credit line reporting for at least six months, and
-- not be dead.

(Sorry about that last one, but some people have been reported as deceased, and then they have to prove they're alive. How, I don't know.)

Do his authorized user cards report on his reports? Some cards do; some cards don't.

At any rate, see if any activity shows anything has been reported/ updated on his reports within the past six months. And lol and the "long and ugly"; most of us have been there!

Edit to clarify that there doesn't necessarily have to have been activity on an account; just that it needs to have been reported to the agencies.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-25-2009 11:28 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
lostinlala2
Valued Member

No, the authorized user cards don't show (cap one).  When baddies fall off (there are several that should within the year--last payment ever 2002) will that count as activity?

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, it has to show that he has had some sort of credit reporting in his name, even as an AU, within the last six months.

If he does have older stuff showing, as long as one of them reported for six months straight, even if it's not within the last six months, that will count for the other requirement.

In other words, it can be two different accounts --Bank A being recent, say only 3 months' worth of history and Bank B an older one, with say 8 months of history, that stopped updating 2 years ago. The two different accounts would meet the two different requirements.

Hope that makes sense. Smiley Tongue

You might want to post over on the Credit Cards forum, asking if anyone has an AU Cap One card that reports. I don't think that I've ever heard one way or another about this. It's possible that if you ask the right person at Cap One, they'll report it.

If you have any other cards where he could be an AU, you might also ask if those cards do report the AU. I know that in my own experience, PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) does not report AU's but Discover, American Express, Gap, and Bank of America do. I honestly can't recall off the top of my head about other banks (Citi, Chase, etc.)
Message 4 of 5
lostinlala2
Valued Member

Thanks,  those are the only cards I have. We may resort to opening a secured card in his name. just wish it wouldn't show the inquiry. I'll check with th cc discussion.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.