Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Name change alert

My scorewatch didn't alert me to a name change alert, It has my new last name as a previous name. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Name change alert

@Anonymous wrote:
My scorewatch didn't alert me to a name change alert, It has my new last name as a previous name. 

OK, it's showing your new name as an old name? I guess I can see why that wouldn't trigger anything. Do you know how your name is displayed on the underlying report from Equifax? In other words, does it now show as your correct name/ main name, or is it also listed as a former name?

Congrats, btw! Smiley Happy (I think I already have, but just in case; and today we could use some smiles, I think.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ThanksSmiley Happy

My maiden name still shows up as primary.  My married name shows up as a former name even though its the new name.  I would still think since it was added to the file I would get a scorewatch though.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's a Barry question, I'm afraid. I have the usual random assortment of misspellings and initial vs no initial vs full middle name randomness in my "former" names, but the one I use is at the top.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi ficoachiever....Your new name would have to appear as your primary -- not former -- name for a Score Watch name change alert to be generated.

My suggestion would be to dispute the inaccurate reporting of your name so that your new name will appear as your primary. Then once that has been corrected by the credit bureau, you should expect to receive a name change alert. Nice scores, btw! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.