Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account not Reported

tag
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

New Account not Reported

My new AMEX card was approved on 09/29. Within a day or so Experian did report the inquiry to myFICO and I had received the alert and my score went down by 7 points.

Fast forward, on 10/30, AMEX did report first statement balance to all three credit agencies (EQ, EX, and TU). Only TU did report it to myFICO and my TU FICO score went up by 23 points (due to my MSD being reported). However, no reporting from EQ or EX to myFICO (or they may had reported but some issue within myFICO who knows). I had pulled both EQ and EX credit reports from respective credit agencies to see if I can see AMEX being reported. Yes it had been reported on both EQ and EX as of 10/30. Not only that, I can see an alert on credit.com (which pulls of Experian). Of course credit.com is a free of cost service but does not give you true FICO score.

I had spoken with myFICO this evening and she is hoping that in next few days I would able to see it. But this is hope. No one is working to fix this and she still insisted that myFICO did not receive info. from credit agencies.

Most people only have 1 or 2 alerts per month and if myFICO fails once it could be either 100% failure or 50% failure! It is very frustrating that after making 3 months commitment, myFICO can't get a product right and functioning normally.  

I would come back to here and hopefully able to share a good news. Let see what happens next week. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: New Account not Reported

I have new update. Equifax score jumped 23 points as well. Although it still did not detect my new AMEX card (instead it said my BoA card balance was reduced from $4 to $0 LOL) I am 100% positive that it is result of my new AMEX card (and MSD impact)......

The sad part is my Experian had not jumped as of yet. That's where I am most interested to see as to how much it increases. I am very positive that it will also be in 800s. Just a bit anxiety.....

Will update as soon as it reports.....

@s_haliz wrote:

My new AMEX card was approved on 09/29. Within a day or so Experian did report the inquiry to myFICO and I had received the alert and my score went down by 7 points.

Fast forward, on 10/30, AMEX did report first statement balance to all three credit agencies (EQ, EX, and TU). Only TU did report it to myFICO and my TU FICO score went up by 23 points (due to my MSD being reported). However, no reporting from EQ or EX to myFICO (or they may had reported but some issue within myFICO who knows). I had pulled both EQ and EX credit reports from respective credit agencies to see if I can see AMEX being reported. Yes it had been reported on both EQ and EX as of 10/30. Not only that, I can see an alert on credit.com (which pulls of Experian). Of course credit.com is a free of cost service but does not give you true FICO score.

I had spoken with myFICO this evening and she is hoping that in next few days I would able to see it. But this is hope. No one is working to fix this and she still insisted that myFICO did not receive info. from credit agencies.

Most people only have 1 or 2 alerts per month and if myFICO fails once it could be either 100% failure or 50% failure! It is very frustrating that after making 3 months commitment, myFICO can't get a product right and functioning normally.  

I would come back to here and hopefully able to share a good news. Let see what happens next week. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm highly confused on this product. I was going to try it for a three month period, but now I realize the vast problems don't make it worthwhile. How can it be monitoring if they don't inquire for the reports, but wait for the agencies to report to them?

Message 3 of 4
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm highly confused on this product. I was going to try it for a three month period, but now I realize the vast problems don't make it worthwhile. How can it be monitoring if they don't inquire for the reports, but wait for the agencies to report to them?

Just to be very clear: FICO on its own don't do anything at all. Its credit agencies (EQ, EX, and TU) who report any activity to FICO. Only then FICO alerts the customers. And obviously any score changes (up or down) through automatic properitory scoring model.  

The current on and off problems I had seen is (in my opinion) due to issues at FICO. That could very well from technical to systems issues. But definitely it had failed in this case to altert me in timely manner. I hope they will fix the issue soon. 

So far I am OK with $60 I had spent for three months. Not a huge value considering on and off some technical issues. However $20/month is not too terrible as we all spend that much each month on many items which are not worth. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.