Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover account finally reporting with Score Watch

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

New Discover account finally reporting with Score Watch

After over two months, I got an update on Score Watch that indicated that my Discover More that I got in mid September is finally reporting.However, I got this message as a balance increase notification. Score Watch did not send me a new account notification. Kind of disappointing as the new account notification includes important data such as the credit limit and the opening date.I don't want to pay for a full report currently.

The account increase notification just gives me the statement balance. My first Discover statement was zero because I paid it off before it reported. The second statement reported $225. What's going on with Score Watch?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: New Discover account finally reporting with Score Watch

Hi wollepopolle,

While it's true that you were just recently alerted to a balance increase on the Discover account, we don't see the trade line for that account on the last EQ report you pulled, dated 10/17/10.  We've added a free report so you can pull an updated one and let us know: 1) if the Discover account is reporting on EQ, and if so 2) the open date showing.

Once we hear back from you, we'll take it from there.  Thanks for letting us know.

-Barry

Message 2 of 4
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Dear Barry,

thanks so much for adding the free EQ report. I pulled it, and it reports correctly as opened in September 2010 with the correct credit limit. It's weird that Score Watch didn't send me an alert. I guess nothing is perfect. Anyway, now I know that everything is ok. I appreciate your quick and kind response!

Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Hi wollepopolle,

Here's what I think happened here...

While the open date of the Discover card was this past September, it wasn't appearing on the EQ reports you received after re-subscribing to SW in October for some reason.  You can see that it was missing from your EQ reports, dated 10/8/10 and 10/17/10.  It does appear, however, on your 11/29/10 report, as you've just found out.

I can see a couple of scenarios for why no new account alert was generated: 1) it appeared in Sept but fell off by the time you started your latest SW subscription in October, and then has just recently reappeared, or 2) it didn't report at all until sometime after your 10/17/10 report, but with a September 2010 open date.  Either way, it wasn't until after September that SW saw it and by then it was no longer considered a "new" account -- and thus no SW new account alert.

Hope that helps. Good to see that you were alerted to the balance increase, though!  Smiley Happy

-Barry

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.