Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Credit Alerts!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Credit Alerts!!!

Can someone help me? I'm not getting any credit alerts. I've been a member since 2/07/12 and started with 4 credit instruments and $29,000 total debt. I completely paid off one of the credits and now have 3 credit instruments and $22,000 in total debt. After receiving no score watch alerts, I used my 2nd free Power Report last week to see what's been reported. It showed the change, but my Score Watch didn't pick it up and send me a message. It looks like the only time I can see the change is if I purchase the new credit report myself. Isn't that what I'm paying the monthly fee here for? So I can see/monitor my changes in credit score without having to purchase the reports everytime there is a change? Please help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No Credit Alerts!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone help me? I'm not getting any credit alerts. I've been a member since 2/07/12 and started with 4 credit instruments and $29,000 total debt. I completely paid off one of the credits and now have 3 credit instruments and $22,000 in total debt. After receiving no score watch alerts, I used my 2nd free Power Report last week to see what's been reported. It showed the change, but my Score Watch didn't pick it up and send me a message. It looks like the only time I can see the change is if I purchase the new credit report myself. Isn't that what I'm paying the monthly fee here for? So I can see/monitor my changes in credit score without having to purchase the reports everytime there is a change? Please help!

Congrats on the debt paydown!

Be sure to read the Score Watch Guide . SW will alert you balance increases, but not balance decreases. Paying down don't won't result in an alert. However, if that debt paydown results in a score change, and if that score change passed by your target score as set in your subscription, then you'd get a score alert. Your score is monitored each week and pulling a new report will void out any forthcoming score alerts because you are alerted to with the new report. Did your FICO score change any between 2/7 and when you pulled the new report?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

My Score did not change, but the roport only showed $2,000 of the total $7,000 in reduction as of the 17th. My understanding was that I should have received an email saying nothing changed. I haven't received anything but a notice that my 10 trial was over and I'm now subscribed. So I've now been a member for 15 days and haven't seen any notices. I also set my score alert as one higher than the curent score so it would notify me of any change.

So without my intervention, Score Watch will check once a week, but if I look on my own that 7 day window restarts. Is that correct? Shouldn't I have received a something between the 7th and the 17th?

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if your second pull nullified the nothing-has-happened-this-week e-mail. I'll reserve that for others. If you did the second on the 17th, then inside a few days from now you should get an all clear alert assuming nothing triggers a change before then. And I don't know how frequently the e-mails come. I guess I should look at them one day and track them. They don't arrive on a set day, for sure, because alerts will off-balance them. I personally dread them...it means my score isn't improving. Smiley Sad

BTW, for best results, set your target to EXACTLY match your last FICO score. That way if your score goes up or down, you'll get alerted. Get in the practice of manually resetting it after each alert/report pull. Tedious, but it works.

Message 4 of 6
heatblaze2010
New Contributor

I have set my fico target to my latest scores but I have no received any updates. I have applied to CC that use equifax as well as paid down some debt but have yet to receive any alerts so the only way I saw my latest score was to use one of my free pulls that came with score watch Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response.

My Score did not change, but the roport only showed $2,000 of the total $7,000 in reduction as of the 17th. My understanding was that I should have received an email saying nothing changed. I haven't received anything but a notice that my 10 trial was over and I'm now subscribed. So I've now been a member for 15 days and haven't seen any notices. I also set my score alert as one higher than the curent score so it would notify me of any change.

So without my intervention, Score Watch will check once a week, but if I look on my own that 7 day window restarts. Is that correct? Shouldn't I have received a something between the 7th and the 17th?

Hi siouxalumn,

I'm not sure about whether the 7 day window restarts after you pull a report.  I used to think that was true, then I was told (by someone in the know) it isn't, and that pulling a report has no impact.  So, I can only say ???  Regardless, it appears that there have been no alert-triggering changes to your EQ report.  And seeing that you've already pulled both of your SW reports, plus another EQ, and received the same scores, we've added a free report to your SW.  (all I can do Smiley Wink)  Hope you get some good news soon!

-Barry

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.