cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FICO score if your SSN not more than 2 year old!

tag
francisa
New Visitor

No FICO score if your SSN not more than 2 year old!

I have tried to purchase FICO Score Watch, endup calling customer care for identity validation.

The lady at customer care told me that no one get FICO score if the SSN not more than 2 years old (and 6 months credit reporting).

I have credit reports from Equifax which reported more than 6 months of credit history.

According to http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/230/ I am elligible for FICO score.

I am unable to find documentation where FICO specifies minimum age of SSN.

Please help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: No FICO score if your SSN not more than 2 year old!

The information you received is inaccurate.

My wife received her SSN in January of 2012, and were able to pull a FICO score in September of 2012.  She had a 742 at the time, using only some of my accounts as AU.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 4
francisa
New Visitor

I have tied calling again, but myFICO customers again says. I have wait 2 years after getting the SSN so that they can provide a score.

It is surprising that this information is available through only customer care. !!!

Message 3 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

EDIT:  nevermind.  maybe I am wrong.  I do have a SS card for my wife dated 17 January 2012 and a report dated 11 September 2012.  But I am pretty sure she needed a SSN to apply for her green card, which was done before that.  So maybe she had a tentative account until she got the new SS card in 2012.

How did you get to this country?  Can't you just use your husband's credit for 2 years?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.