cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No score alerts--why am i paying for this service again?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No score alerts--why am i paying for this service again?

I miss Barry too. Smiley Sad  This board needs a Barry part deux.

Balance increases do trigger alerts. Are you sure Amex updated to EQ already? IME, my Green used to EQ last (usually, but not always). My bad on your Amex...was thinking that it posted, as being brand new. So, since you received an alert yesterday for the balance increase on Amex, then you know your lastest EQ FICO, even if unchanged. That credit alert for the balance increase would have resulted in an immediate alert to any new score. If the score was still the same in your SW, then either 1) the change in util did not result in a change in EQ FICO, or 2) not all of your CCs updated yet on EQ. IME, I paid util down from 89% to 1% with util at the #1 slot. I didn't see much score movement until it hit below 40%.

Message 11 of 18
awal
Regular Contributor

I'll give it until this weekend when the dust settles. I'm not pulling another report for a month so I'm anxious but comfortable waiting.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 12 of 18
Joteism
Regular Contributor

I just had to read about this Barry fellow you so fondly speak of. So what's up with Sarah? Is she not as involved as Barry was?

Message 13 of 18
nikolean
Established Member

So I have the same problem where I am not getting alerts. I have a new inquiry and it popped up within 48 hours on my Experian.com account. The new credit card showed on my Experian and Credit Karma accounts within 3 weeks but HAS YET to show on MyFICO Score alerts!! I'm wishing had not purchased this service.

In my Wallet CapOne Cash Back $3000, Apple FCU $1000 Victoria Secret $500, CapOne Journey $1000, Amazon.com $800

Starting Score:1/2012 504
Current Score: EQ: 665 TU 637 EX: 671
Goal Score: 700 across the board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@nikolean wrote:

So I have the same problem where I am not getting alerts. I have a new inquiry and it popped up within 48 hours on my Experian.com account. The new credit card showed on my Experian and Credit Karma accounts within 3 weeks but HAS YET to show on MyFICO Score alerts!! I'm wishing had not purchased this service.

Does your Experian service show all 3 reports, or just EX? If it's EX only, then you wouldn't get alerted for the inquiry if it is on EX only.

Do you know if the new account is reporting to EQ? When did it start reporting to EX and TU?

Message 15 of 18
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

I can relate to the OP.  I have had a collection account disputed & removed within 24 hrs from transunion.  I paid down my UTI down from 87% down to 60.  My scores went up approx 26 pts total and I have yet to recieve anything, no alerts, nothing.  Well except every week I get an email that says no activity to report.   I gave it 2 weeks after everything had posted and nothing so I pulled my one freebie and found out that way.   I then purchased the other one to find out the current score.  I have since paid down UTI even lower which will result in a score change and I will see if I get notices or alerts on that at the end of this month, beginning of next month.  I checked my scorewatch settings and the score bumps went above my target to be notified Smiley Sad

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 16 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I received an alert that Target went from $130 to 0 and a 7 pt increase. 

Message 17 of 18
westo12
Established Contributor

I have the EXACT same problem.  Two wasted score power reports back to back to find out there were score increases that I wasn't alerted to.  Just got off the phone with a man in myfico customer service that said you have to set your alert settings to a few points higher than your existing, in order to get alerted to changes, when increased only.  Told me that I would only receive alerts when score drops if I kept the setting at the current score.  I canceled my SW today and will just go off my free Walmart TU going forward.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.