cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No score alerts--why am i paying for this service again?

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

No score alerts--why am i paying for this service again?

I'm a little frustrated because yesterday I wasted a free credit report --the one you get when you sign up for score watch, then turns into 30% off for each report after--anyways, i wasted my report because I knew i had positive stuff that should have been giving me alerts because they were already updating on Credit Karma. Why am i paying for a service that doesn't alert me of score changes like it promises.

I had my settings set at current score and had a couple things change and got no alert, but when i wasted my free report my score showed a 7 point increase and all the new stuff. Smiley Sad i love coming onto myfico, as i've learned alot from all of you, I just don't want to be feeling like i'm wasting money, paying the monthly subscription fee when i have to buy a report to make sure things are being updated on my reports correctly --what score watch was suppose to be helping me with.

Sorry everyone, i'm just needing to ventSmiley Embarassed I really do like this site, though.  P.S. I forgot to mention, they gave me one alert stating "no score changes on your report" im not sure if i quoted it word for word my apologies, but it said no score change WHEN it did go up 7 points.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: No score alerts--why am i paying for this service again?

I've found event driven changes update and alert much quicker than non event driven changes.  Meaning, an inquiry or a new account alert (with a resulting score change soon after) will happen within a day or two of reporting, whereas aging or deletion (since it doesn't trigger an event alert) will take until ScoreWatch does an intermittent check and subsequent score alert.

Case in point: I was sitting at a 645, applied with DCU for a car loan, and they quoted me at 660.  This confused me, because DCU and MyFICO both use the Beacon score (EQ04), so they should have been spot on.  Two days later when the INQ hit my reports, I instantly got a notification from ScoreWatch for the INQ, and my score updated to 660 on here as well.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 18
awal
Regular Contributor

I'm in a similar situation. My uti went from 74% down to 1%, I know it's posted to my report since usaa credit monitoring says it has but yet there is no score watch alert it has been at least 2 days.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 3 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@ lisa, what positive changes occurred on your CR that you thought you should be alerted to?

@ awal, did EQ change 2 days ago?

Message 4 of 18
awal
Regular Contributor

According to USAA Credit monitoring the change to my report was there on Saturday morning.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 5 of 18
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@llec - a new account, a utilization decrease from 38% to 7% and new activity on a card after being stagnant for over 3 months. Everything was reporting on Creditkarma etc. So i got curious and wasted a freebie report to find it did update on myfico--just no alert.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 6 of 18
awal
Regular Contributor

Update on my status...

I received an alert about my Amex Zync posting yesterday, but I still haven't had any alert on my revolving uti changing. Today is 4 days since the actual uti changes hit my Credit Report.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 7 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@awal wrote:

Update on my status...

I received an alert about my Amex Zync posting yesterday, but I still haven't had any alert on my revolving uti changing. Today is 4 days since the actual uti changes hit my Credit Report.

If util went down, you wouldn't get a credit alert.

Absent credit alerts, your score is monitored for changes every 7-10 days. So, if your EQ FICO changed then you'd get an alert provided the target score is set correctly. Since you got a credit alert for the added TL, then there wouldn't be a score alert because the credit alert for the new TL grabbed your latest EQ FICO.

Message 8 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@lisamar81 wrote:

@llec - a new account, a utilization decrease from 38% to 7% and new activity on a card after being stagnant for over 3 months. Everything was reporting on Creditkarma etc. So i got curious and wasted a freebie report to find it did update on myfico--just no alert.

Not every drop in util will result in a FICO change. And you don't get alerts for decreased balances. You should have received an alert for the new TL though. How many days had passed between your freebie report and the day the new TL reported to EQ? Definitely worth a review of your alert history.

Message 9 of 18
awal
Regular Contributor

My UTI went from 5500/7400 74% down to 42/7400 less than 1%. So even if a change in UTI doesn't trigger an alert, wouldn't the increase in balance of my Zync trigger an alert that shows my new score. The balance on my zync increased by $500. I would use one of my free Score Watch reports, but I'd rather not since I just pulled one on Dec 26. I miss Barry, when stuff like this happened he would give a free pull to confirm or deny that there is a problem Smiley Sad

My target score is set to my current score, and no new TL have been added. But If i understand what you are saying correctly, the score alert I received the other day contains my current score even though i paid down a tremendous amount of debt 74% -> 1% on open active accounts - that just sounds fishy,
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.