Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to change e-mail address - you've got to be kidding me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No way to change e-mail address - you've got to be kidding me

I used myFico some years ago and had a different e-mail address.  So, since that is the username, couldn't get in.  Did the password self-service, entered my SSN, was told my user id was an old e-mail address, went to change it, and... there is nowhere on the website to change it.  

I changed my "username" to my current e-mail address in hopes that would be enough.  Well, I guess it wasn't because the confirmation e-mail that was supposedly sent never arrived.

So, if someone now has my old e-mail address, they just received an e-mail with how much information regarding my "account", e.g., how much personal information?  I have no way to know.

This is scary and ridiculous.  This is how myFICO treats people's confidential information?

There is also no way to cancel an "account" via the web site and create a new one with a new e-mail address.  So, now there is a possibility that someone else has enough personal info on me to do what?  Hopefully nothing serious.

Of course, "customer service" is closed, so will give them a call tomorrow.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No way to change e-mail address - you've got to be kidding me

If I am following your post correctly.....It can be changed fairly easily, I believe. Click "My Account" at the top. Then click "Your Profile". Go to the "e-mail address" field and make that change and click "Make Changes". I don't believe you are sent any confirmation e-mails when you make this change. I just updated my info and no e-mail, so there's no sweating it going to the wrong places.

If you want to change your ID, which mine too is my e-mail, click the "My Purchases" link and then "Login ID" to make that change. I just now also changed my UserID from one e-mail to another and the process was simple and also didn't receive a confirmation e-mail on neither the old nor new addresses. So no worries there. If you made any changes to your e-mail, nobody will know about it if someone took your old e-mail addy.

It's good to know that myFICO keeps everything private. I was second guessing there for a second.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.