Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Scorewatch Alert: Score Up in Morning, Back Down in Afternoon

tag
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Phantom Scorewatch Alert: Score Up in Morning, Back Down in Afternoon

Yesterday my EQ credit score (last checked with a pull on this site on 10/16), as far as I knew it, was 672.  This morning, I get a Scorewatch Alert that my score had increased to 681.  Yahoo!  Later this afternoon, I decide to buy today's EQ credit report and score to see if I can tell what caused the score bump.  (Could have been a new credit line opening up, or a baddie falling off, or something else.)  Low and behold, my 6-hours old 681 was replaced with a 674.  No explanation for the change, and when a list my credit alerts, it shows my score going up yesterday to 681 and back down today to 674.  No other explanation that I can gather.  Oh well, at least it's a net increase from where I started, although only two points.  Any explanations, other than slow reporting by ScoreWatch?

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Phantom Scorewatch Alert: Score Up in Morning, Back Down in Afternoon

Hi OnWayUpinTexas,

While I can't claim to know for sure, here's what I've been able to paste together....

You received a score alert dated 11/5 (sounds like it got to you a bit late) indicating your score went up to 681.  Then a credit alert dated 11/7 showed a new account appearing on your EQ report with a new score of 674.  Most likely this new account appeared after the score went to 681 on or around 11/5 and was at least part of the reason for its drop back down to 674.

A free report and score has been added to your SW subscription so you can see if there's anything else that might have helped it go down.  Still, it's not a lot of points to lose, especially considering you added a new account.

If you hold off on opening any further new accounts for awhile, keep your credit card balances down, and do all those things that high scorers do, I have no doubt you should see it go back up to 681 and higher in a very short time.  From your siggy it looks like you've been making great progress, so keep it up!

-Barry

Message 2 of 3
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Re: Phantom Scorewatch Alert: Score Up in Morning, Back Down in Afternoon

Thanks, Barry.  That is above and beyond the call of duty.  I really appreciate it.

Two steps forward, one step back sometimes, but overall forward progress!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.