Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting TU report through MyFICO

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Problem getting TU report through MyFICO

Everytime I try to get my TU CBR/FICO score through MyFICO I get Error 733, which I am told by MyFICO t/s indicates that my address is a correctional institution. Why can I get my TU report from both annualcreditreport.com and transunioncs.com and the other CBR's from MyFICO, yet I cannot get my TU info from MyFICO. I have contacted MyFICO t/s on several occassions and they have never been able to help me. This is a long standing issue and I would like a resolution.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: Problem getting TU report through MyFICO

I called with a problem on my TU also, only my error code was 730, which was accurately stating I have an APO address listed.  TU is very picky about such things.

All I had to do was go to the "My Purchases" page, look on the right side under "My Account" and hunt around for the place to change my address.  I listed my most recent address and was able to purchase TU immediately.

And the customer service rep was super-nice and helpful.

Hope this helps you, too!
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 2 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Changing the address in my profile has not resolved the problem.
Message 3 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@jmbfl wrote:
Changing the address in my profile has not resolved the problem.

Hi jmbfl....Often having characters, i.e. #, in the street address line causes such problems. I'd recommend removing any apt.#'s, commas, or anything other than the street address, city, state, and zip.

Give it a try and let us know if that works. Good luck!
Message 4 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Barry -

I called in to your t/s again today and was assisted by Jennifer Brooks. She tried very hard to help me with my problem. We tried all kinds of permutations and combinations of address and no matter what we tried the system still returned Error 733. I was able to pull EQ and EX through MyFICO today without any problem and I also have been able to do so in the past. Yesterday I was able to pull TU through transunioncs.com without any problem and in the past (this year) I was able to pull it through annualcreditreport.com/transunion.com, once again with not problem.

I am told that Error 733 indicates that I reside in a correction facility and that this is a Hawk Alert. I do not now, nor have I ever, resided in a correctional facility. This is just silly. I would very much like to be able to obtain my TU information through you. Hopefully you can look into this for me and we can get this going.

BTW - Once in the past I did call TU about this and they basically said to get my report directly from the using annualcreditreport.com (without a FICO, they did not even mention transunioncs) and forget about MyFICO. I didn't think much of that answer and I don't think you should either.

Let me know what to do next.
Message 5 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@jmbfl wrote:
Barry -

I called in to your t/s again today and was assisted by Jennifer Brooks. She tried very hard to help me with my problem. We tried all kinds of permutations and combinations of address and no matter what we tried the system still returned Error 733. I was able to pull EQ and EX through MyFICO today without any problem and I also have been able to do so in the past. Yesterday I was able to pull TU through transunioncs.com without any problem and in the past (this year) I was able to pull it through annualcreditreport.com/transunion.com, once again with not problem.

I am told that Error 733 indicates that I reside in a correction facility and that this is a Hawk Alert. I do not now, nor have I ever, resided in a correctional facility. This is just silly. I would very much like to be able to obtain my TU information through you. Hopefully you can look into this for me and we can get this going.

BTW - Once in the past I did call TU about this and they basically said to get my report directly from the using annualcreditreport.com (without a FICO, they did not even mention transunioncs) and forget about MyFICO. I didn't think much of that answer and I don't think you should either.

Let me know what to do next.

Just to be clear, the code indicating "correctional facility" is generated by TU and blocked by myFICO due to the risk of fraud. I realize you don't live in a correctional facility, but as long as TU seems to think so and delivers this code, myFICO will have to continue blocking the delivery of your information. We've made some progress over the last couple years resolving such discrepancies but they still happen and we continue to work on them. Unfortunately, there's not going to be much more that I can do here as long TU considers your address as such. Sorry! Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Why can I get my TU information from every other source other than MyFICO? The only time my record seems to be tied to a correctional facility is when the request comes from you. There has to be something that can be done about this. It's silly!

Can't you institiute some type of inquiry with them about this? Last time I talked to them they were very happy to send me to some other source for my information other than MyFICO. That's not very good business for you. I would think this issue would be taken a little more seriously by TU if the inquiry came from you rather than me.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-17-2008 10:45 PM
Message 7 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@jmbfl wrote:
Why can I get my TU information from every other source other than MyFICO? The only time my record seems to be tied to a correctional facility is when the request comes from you. There has to be something that can be done about this. It's silly!

Can't you institiute some type of inquiry with them about this? Last time I talked to them they were very happy to send me to some other source for my information other than MyFICO. That's not very good business for you. I would think this issue would be taken a little more seriously by TU if the inquiry came from you rather than me.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-17-2008 10:45 PM

I'm just giving it to you straight, jmbfl. At your request, I will refer this to our tech team to investigate and someone from our customer service team will get back to you once we have a resolution timeframe.

I cannot make any kind of commitment to you beyond that. There are some folks who have never been able to buy from myFICO for this and similar reasons -- and they have not been happy about it either. Please understand that we get as frustrated as our customers when this happens, as we would much rather be providing you with your information than trying explain why we can't.

Fortunately, in the meantime you can get your TU FICO score from transunioncs.com as an alternative.
Message 8 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Barry! You are the man!

I will follow up with you in... a while.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.