Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Purchase

I attempted to buy my TU and Exp scores yesterday. Used a promo code and entered my CC info, next page asked for SSN, typed it in and got this. "The Social Security number you have entered is already in our database. Please double check that your SSN was entered correctly. If it was, please click Contact Us, describe the situation, and we will get back to you." I double checked the SSN and it was right. Sent email but got no response. Tried again today for just TU, same result. What's up with this? It really is a cryptic message and is totally over my head.

Message Edited by contractor_bill on 03-08-2008 07:37 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem with Purchase

Something was wrong in my account. Had to start over again. From now on, I'm "just" contractor instead of contractor_bill
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I got my TU and EX, already had EQ. Here's a question. TU says I have a recent missed payment in the last month. NO I DON'T. Nor, does one show anywhere in the report. AT-A-Glance shows NO late payments with a red flag for all the ones in the BK of 2003. What's up with that and how can you dispute it? TU is 50 point lower than EX and EQ which are pretty close to each other.
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Are you disputing anything on TU? I get that message sometimes when I'm disputing a balance.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am now but wasn't when i got it. I want to dispute that but you can't.
Message 5 of 8
Dawn
Established Contributor

contractor wrote:
OK, I got my TU and EX, already had EQ. Here's a question. TU says I have a recent missed payment in the last month. NO I DON'T. Nor, does one show anywhere in the report. AT-A-Glance shows NO late payments with a red flag for all the ones in the BK of 2003. What's up with that and how can you dispute it? TU is 50 point lower than EX and EQ which are pretty close to each other.

I know that such a difference between the reports is frustrating, especially when you can't see any obvious reason. 

Since you have resolved your "Problem with Purchase" you might consider starting a new post in the "Understanding Fico Scoring" forum.  Your issue will probably get more exposure and feedback there.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably did wander off-topic. I'm done.
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I am now but wasn't when i got it. I want to dispute that but you can't.

I had that flag forever, but I have since committed new sins, so I haven't seen it in a while.

I never did figure out what triggered it. I'm pretty sure, now that I think about it, that it popped up before I disputed anything, and it seems like it was only on one report. ...Just looked, and yep, it was only on EX, and it was before I twitched on anything.

I hope that you figure it out. FWIW, there's been some chatter about this over on Understanding FICO Scoring. No one can figure out how much, if at all, it hurts your score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.