Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profitable new product for FI?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Profitable new product for FI?

When FI sells us our FICO acores I assume it is pulling our report and calculating the score (I may be wrong).

Could FI do that, and then calculate our score using the FICO 08 alogarithm?

Then we could compare our current scores with one of the possible futures that face us.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Profitable new product for FI?

I would like to meet my future fico self.
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Shoot, I'll pay for anything. Just a score-pulling fool, that's me.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I want to gaze into that crystal ball........................  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
When FI sells us our FICO acores I assume it is pulling our report and calculating the score (I may be wrong).

Then we could compare our current scores with one of the possible futures that face us.

While I agree that it would be great to be able to see what our scores would be with FICO 08 ASAP, it's just not possible due to the fact that all FICO scores, in all cases, are calculated at the bureaus.  Hopefully we'll be able to get them from the bureaus one of these days.
Message 5 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Barry wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

While I agree that it would be great to be able to see what our scores would be with FICO 08 ASAP, it's just not possible due to the fact that all FICO scores, in all cases, are calculated at the bureaus.  Hopefully we'll be able to get them from the bureaus one of these days.

Shame.  I am disappointed  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really doesn't make sense because you figure the more options the bureaus sell you would think the more consumers might be tempted to buy more scores - thus driving up profit. They may be worried about competition with their own "credit scores," but they should hedge their bet somewhat if they want to ensure maximum profits.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.