cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo codes? Increased costs? Have I been gone that long?

tag
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Promo codes? Increased costs? Have I been gone that long?

Ok...maybe its been a while since I last purchased a report from myFico, but did they really increase the cost to pull a report by 4 dollars? I know in the scheme of things that is nothing, but wasn't it $15? making it a 25% increase!? 25%!? Crazy...!

So I still want to buy my reports, but have all the active promo codes dissapeared? I've tried over 10 of them with no luck using any. myFico used to be great at giving out promo codes. What is happened?

In response to some of the other complains about ScoreWatch - I hear ya!!! I hated that product, tried it a few times and distinctly recall getting suckered into purchasing multiple reports repeadately to see any action on my report...which SW never picked up. I'd suggest freecreditreport.com to anyone interested, for the same price you get your Experian report, plus unlimited report pulls with score updates at every pull. I never had an issue getting alerts using their service.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Promo codes? Increased costs? Have I been gone that long?

I think the increase was due to the increase in fees that the CRAs passed back to myFICO. Regretful, though. On the flip-side, I think myFICO largely did away with the discount codes much to our chagrin. You can still get the 30% off though on EQ if you subscribe to SW or 20% off through TUQM.

I've used FCR in the past. They are OK for reports, especially since you can pull daily for EX, though I don't know any lenders that use that FAKO on FCR so I always ignored it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.