cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??

Established Contributor

Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??

I just went on Equifax website and they also offer the score watch with fico there. I wonder if going directly through them would result in timely alerts. I know there have been several changes to my equifax that I see on there site, but no alerts here. I am about to cave in and purchase another report just so I can get an update now, but I am seriously wondering if purchasing the scorewatch directly from the CRA would yield faster updates.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??

I usually get my SW updates within 1 to 2 days.  I do reset my target score everytime though so I see when my score moves.

 

I haven't tried the EQ scorewatch, but I imagine it would be similar.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??


DaveSignal wrote:

I usually get my SW updates within 1 to 2 days.  I do reset my target score everytime though so I see when my score moves.

 

I haven't tried the EQ scorewatch, but I imagine it would be similar.



So do I ..I also set my setting to 1 point higher. Just paid the 14 for a new report. Up almost 40 points . Thanks for the alert . I will be cancelling this service.

 

 

Editted to say it was not 50 point increase but an almost 40 point increase..but still that is a big increase and more than the 1 point I have under settings for an alert.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 7
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??


calihlove75 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I usually get my SW updates within 1 to 2 days.  I do reset my target score everytime though so I see when my score moves.

 

I haven't tried the EQ scorewatch, but I imagine it would be similar.



So do I ..I also set my setting to 1 point higher. Just paid the 14 for a new report. Up 50 points . Thanks for the alert . I will be cancelling this service.


Strange, it works for me.  I can track when stuff hits my report via the USAA CMS which I pull every day.  When I see something new on the report, myFICO usually alerts me the next day.  You should post an update if the equifax sw is much faster.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??


DaveSignal wrote:

calihlove75 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I usually get my SW updates within 1 to 2 days.  I do reset my target score everytime though so I see when my score moves.

 

I haven't tried the EQ scorewatch, but I imagine it would be similar.



So do I ..I also set my setting to 1 point higher. Just paid the 14 for a new report. Up 50 points . Thanks for the alert . I will be cancelling this service.


Strange, it works for me.  I can track when stuff hits my report via the USAA CMS which I pull every day.  When I see something new on the report, myFICO usually alerts me the next day.  You should post an update if the equifax sw is much faster.


Funny, but I will get an alert that yields a score decrease the next day, but both times I knew I had an increase I have had to pull. Fortunately, last time I was able to use one of the power reports included with membership.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??

I am having the exact same problems and it's driving me batty, apparently I tried the free trial almost 2 years ago, so i had to sign up for the 3 month service.  1 month in and this service has become worthless to me.  1 report remaining.  I got one alert and nothing ever since, since then I've paid off 2 credit cards from 100% utility to under 10%.  Disappointing to say the least.

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 6 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Purchasing scorewatch directly from Equifax better??


SoCalBound wrote:

I am having the exact same problems and it's driving me batty, apparently I tried the free trial almost 2 years ago, so i had to sign up for the 3 month service.  1 month in and this service has become worthless to me.  1 report remaining.  I got one alert and nothing ever since, since then I've paid off 2 credit cards from 100% utility to under 10%.  Disappointing to say the least.


Contact customer service via phone. They transferred me to a supervisor and he gave me a power score report credit for later and are having the technical team look at the issues I am having with alerts. Hopefully they can sort it all out. Maybe they have a reset button..lol.  At least customer service is helpful. I will give them credit for that.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 7