Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quaterly Monitoring Doesn't Work

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Quaterly Monitoring Doesn't Work

TransUnion deleted a collection account from my credit report but I have yet to receive an alert from Quaterly Monitoring. Does it only alert you if new stuff is added but not if something is deleted? It also alerted me that a new phone number was added to my TransUnion report. I called TransUnion and they have no such phone number on my credit file at all. This is the only alert I've received since signing up for this service.

I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth with this product.  Smiley Sad

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Quaterly Monitoring Doesn't Work

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

TransUnion deleted a collection account from my credit report but I have yet to receive an alert from Quaterly Monitoring. Does it only alert you if new stuff is added but not if something is deleted? It also alerted me that a new phone number was added to my TransUnion report. I called TransUnion and they have no such phone number on my credit file at all. This is the only alert I've received since signing up for this service.

I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth with this product.  Smiley Sad

TransUnion Quarterly reports only alert you when something personal like address, and phone number changes as examples. 

As far as getting an alert for changes to whats on your report as far as collections, judgements, score changes and the such you will not get any alert. When you get your next quarterly report it will give you your updated credit report and scores and then you will be able to see the collection that fell off.

I know it is confusing as most of us had this same question at one time or another! 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the explanation. It seems QM is a rather useless product then, in my opinion.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. It seems QM is a rather useless product then, in my opinion.

Per monitoring, IMO, yes. However, it's a pre-paid plan to get your scores at a discount every 3 months and you get 20% off all future EQ and TU FICO reports. A few months ago I would have agreed, but with the demise of discount codes, 20% goes a long way if you pull frequently.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.