Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the different products

tag
NuMelc
Valued Member

Question about the different products

I've had score watch before but recently opted to try the quarerly monitoring. 

My question is does the quarterly monitoring tell you if your credit score changes like the score watch does?  Also Score Watch says it includes 2 equifax reports...is that per month? Will score watch update every month for the $15 or do I have to keep buying extra credit reports on top of that?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about the different products

TUQM isn't like SW. It doesn't monitor your TU report for changes (e.g. new accounts, new inquiries, balance changes, etc). It only monitors your TU report on a quarterly basis (hence the name of the product) and provides those changes to you within a new FICO report along w/ a summary of those changes. It does monitor a source outside of TU on an ongoing basis for changes like to your name, address, and other demogrpahics.

Message 2 of 4
NuMelc
Valued Member

So with Score Watch, does it monitor daily and tell me basically any time there is a change instantly or is there a delay?

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

None of the products out there will alert you immediately after the change. Even the CMSs directly from the CRAs are delayed up to a day or so. IME, SW has alerted me up to a half of a day after the change, but usually the norm was a day, up to two. This was measured by pulling a 3-in-1 CMS every single day and then looking for changes that would trigger SW and timing the alerts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.