Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Score

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Question on Score

I just purchased the Score Watch product, and i just want to ask one quick (probably frequently asked) question.  I just could not find an answer in the search engine.

Is the score you receive for the Equifax portion of the Score Watch a FICO or FAKO?  I pulled my actual FICO score through myfico, and it differs a little bit.  This makes me assume that the score I got at the other site is a FAKO, but just checking.

Thank you.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question on Score

@John060675 wrote:

I just purchased the Score Watch product, and i just want to ask one quick (probably frequently asked) question.  I just could not find an answer in the search engine.

Is the score you receive for the Equifax portion of the Score Watch a FICO or FAKO?  I pulled my actual FICO score through myfico, and it differs a little bit.  This makes me assume that the score I got at the other site is a FAKO, but just checking.

Thank you.

Well, I'm a little confused at what you wrote. The score you get through Score Watch is your EQ FICO score. If you had previously purchased one here, maybe through the FICO Standard product, and they don't match, that would mean that your score has changed in the meantime.

And Score Watch is only Equifax. There aren't any other credit bureau scores in Score Watch. It's a joint product between FICO and Equifax.

You have three FICO scores, one from each bureau. You can buy your EQ and TU (TU98) scores here, and you can't buy your EX FICO score anywhere, as they (Experian) stopped allowing consumers to buy our own EX FICO's nearly two years ago.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

I was a little confused also.  My score was 543 when I pulled it through myfico.com, and it was 498 when I pulled it within 12 hours on the Score Watch (when I joined).  There is nothing different or changed on the reports, so I am not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

good question....

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@John060675 wrote:

I was a little confused also.  My score was 543 when I pulled it through myfico.com, and it was 498 when I pulled it within 12 hours on the Score Watch (when I joined).  There is nothing different or changed on the reports, so I am not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?

Just what I said above. Print them out and attack with a highlighter.

Two possibilities immediately come to mind: something really bad just hit at that moment (or the date on something really bad changed to current), or your file has split, and you're pulling different portions of it each time.

You have to do a line-by-line, item-by-item comparison. And's it's very easy to miss something if you just try to compare them side-by-side on your computer screen.

Pulling your report wouldn't have done this, btw.

If you do this, and you can't find anything, try calling CS. Note that they're closed on Sundays:

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time
Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time

(Pacific time is three hours after Eastern time.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.