Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on reports with MyFico Kit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on reports with MyFico Kit

We just checked my husband's credit report.  It's stating he has a too high use of revolving credit (77%), but I have no idea how they get that figure.  he only has 1 revolving account with a balance - and it's 77% of his high balance, but not his limit.  Does EQ not have credit limits?  Using Suze's MyFico Kit, and it does not show a limit.  But his cc shows it as 12,000 or something like that, while his balance is only about 1/2 of that.

Also Suze's MyFico Kit does not show old addresses/SSN - although I know there have been some reported (and not corrected yet) that are inaccurate for both DH and myself.  Why does this not show on the report we pull thru the Kit?  Do I have to order another copy or find where the inaccurate info is and send a copy to the bureau?  Seems to me this defeats the purpose of the report, if there's not all the info there to dispute. 

The only report I've pulled so far is for EQ, and EX (myself only) - but had this issue for both DH and myself on EQ and myself on EX (although I was able to get a copy through EX online dispute process that DID include many more addresses/SSN than via the Kit.

Any suggestions on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Berit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Question on reports with MyFico Kit

BeritL wrote:
We just checked my husband's credit report.  It's stating he has a too high use of revolving credit (77%), but I have no idea how they get that figure.  he only has 1 revolving account with a balance - and it's 77% of his high balance, but not his limit.  Does EQ not have credit limits?  Using Suze's MyFico Kit, and it does not show a limit.  But his cc shows it as 12,000 or something like that, while his balance is only about 1/2 of that.

Also Suze's MyFico Kit does not show old addresses/SSN - although I know there have been some reported (and not corrected yet) that are inaccurate for both DH and myself.  Why does this not show on the report we pull thru the Kit?  Do I have to order another copy or find where the inaccurate info is and send a copy to the bureau?  Seems to me this defeats the purpose of the report, if there's not all the info there to dispute. 

The only report I've pulled so far is for EQ, and EX (myself only) - but had this issue for both DH and myself on EQ and myself on EX (although I was able to get a copy through EX online dispute process that DID include many more addresses/SSN than via the Kit.

Any suggestions on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Berit

If there's no limit reported, the score uses the "high credit" amount.  And as for not showing the old addresses and SSN, myFICO provides you with what it receives from the bureau but, in this case, it sounds like EFX may not be sending all of your info to myFICO.  Feel free to PM me with more details about these reports and I can have myFICO customer service look into it for you.

Barry
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on reports with MyFico Kit

Thanks.  I'll have to find the info again.  But I'll keep that in mind. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.