Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on weekly myFICO team email?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Question on weekly myFICO team email?

I get weekly emails telling me "Congratulations! We did not find any changes in your personal information this week." It tells me there are no alerts this week from myFICO...even though I did get an EQ alert this week.

I belong to both EQ ScoreWatch and TU Quarterly Monitoring through myFICO. Am I correct that this email is from the TU Quarterly monitoring and has nothing to do with my EQ FICO score or report?

If so, it certainly doesn't pick up new accounts, etc...so...what exactly is this monitoring each week?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Question on weekly myFICO team email?

They really need to change the text on those alerts. You're right that it's referring to your FICO Quarterly Monitoring subscription only. And specifically, it's the non-credit bureau data sources that are monitored weekly by FQM that didn't turn up any changes. These non-credit bureau sources are various marketing and public record databases that are checked for personal identification-type changes, such as name, address, etc.
Message 2 of 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on weekly myFICO team email?

@Barry wrote:
They really need to change the text on those alerts. You're right that it's referring to your FICO Quarterly Monitoring subscription only. And specifically, it's the non-credit bureau data sources that are monitored weekly by FQM that didn't turn up any changes. These non-credit bureau sources are various marketing and public record databases that are checked for personal identification-type changes, such as name, address, etc.

Barry, I agree.

In my opinion, myFICO has a branding problem with its offerings. The names are confusing, and what the products do...and do not...do is confusing. Many of the complaint postings I read here are based on confusion....and it creates a lot of anger and frustration.

You have to look really hard to figure out that these weekly emails do not pertain to the EQ ScoreWatch. I know...I've mixed them up here in the forums myself.

And...to understand that my TU FICO and/or report are not being monitored on an ongoing basis by "FICO Quarterly Monitoring" takes even more homework. That weekly email from "myFICO Team" gives every impression in the world that my TU report is being monitored, when it's not.

I've got to figure out if the quarterly monitoring is worth it, or if I'd be better off just pulling a TU score/report once in a while.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.