Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVING INCORRECT ITEMS FROM FICO REPORT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REMOVING INCORRECT ITEMS FROM FICO REPORT

HOW DO YOU REMOVE INCORRECT INFORMATION ON YOUR FICO REPORT?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: REMOVING INCORRECT ITEMS FROM FICO REPORT

Did you get your reports through the Suze Orman product, or just the straight FICO Credit Complete or Credit Standard? Each has a link to dispute, although I think that the TU option is only by mail. With Suze, go to the "Action Planner" page, and you'll see the links. With the non-Suze products, you should be able to click on the very last screen, where it says "Next Steps."

You can also dispute from the full credit reports that you get directly from the bureaus, but this is the process for using a myFICO score report. hth

(BTW, if you choose to use a full report, you can either pay the bureaus for one, $9-10 each, or you can use your free annual report. But there's something about the bureaus having longer to respond if you use the freebie, 45 days instead of 30, I think.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I think that the TU option is only by mail

You can go to any of the CRB's website to do an online dispute

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

I think that the TU option is only by mail

You can go to any of the CRB's website to do an online dispute

Thanks! I made the mistake of repeating what I heard without checking it out myself.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.