Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MyFico is a fraud!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS FRAUD.. THEY SCAM!!!  

On November 2, 2011 I signed up for the free trial membership with myfico.com expiring November 13, 2011. I emailed customer service on November 11 requesting that my subscription be cancelled, however on November 13, 2011 I received an email that my subscription had been renewed. I called and spoke with a rep who told me that they didn't get my email and that I cannot cancel the subscription now, and since the subscription has been renewed that I WILL BE CHARGE 3 months membership. I asked to speak with a Manager. He transferred me to a rep called Pam (said her employee ID #4289), I explained to her my problem and she said the same thing, that my subscription HAVE to be paid for 3 months. I asked to speak to someone in higher authority and she said that this is their policy and they cannot cancel the subscription now. I asked for a mailing address to send them a compliant and they said that they cannot give out mailing addresses. I check the website and there is no location/address noted on there. I then called again and this time spoke with a rep called Rodoekas employee #115039; He said that they don't have mailing address and can only be contacted via email or phone. I couldn't get an address listed for the this phone number. A few minutes after I hang up the phone I received an email "Your myFICO® order for myFICO Score Watch - Monthly has been scheduled for cancellation on 02/7/2012. After the cancellation date you will no longer be charged for this product.  

Thank you,

myFICO® Customer Support.

This company is a scam!. Beware they are big scams and will charge your card and refuse to cancel when you you request.  I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO BBB AND WILL REPORT THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If it wasn't for MYFICO I would still be renting and throwing away my money.  I would still be driving a 1994 pathfinder.  I would still be in credit card debt.  MYFICO has changed my  life and the lives of my family in very positive ways.   The people here are amazing and the info can't be bought. 

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but saying it's a Scam and a Fraud is a little bit of an EXAGERATION, don't you think?  Sorry you didn't READ the website before you gave them your credit card information.  If you're only out 45 bucks to learn that lesson, you got off pretty easy in my opinion.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, welcome to the forums!

Did you send an e-mail or did you send it via their online form? I never sent an e-mail before or used the form, but I'd think they might send a reply back acknowledging that receipt. Maybe send a copy of that to them?

Message 3 of 10
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

If it wasn't for MYFICO I would still be at a 377

I would not have no knowledge of how to handle credit issues

I used the online form to cancel and had NO problems what so ever.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

If it wasn't for MYFICO I would still be renting and throwing away my money.  I would still be driving a 1994 pathfinder.  I would still be in credit card debt.  MYFICO has changed my  life and the lives of my family in very positive ways.   The people here are amazing and the info can't be bought. 

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but saying it's a Scam and a Fraud is a little bit of an EXAGERATION, don't you think?  Sorry you didn't READ the website before you gave them your credit card information.  If you're only out 45 bucks to learn that lesson, you got off pretty easy in my opinion.

Good Luck.

+1

I did the 10 day free trial, called and cancelled on the 9th day, and was never charged a penny, a few weeks later, I decided to call back and purchase the SW product, and I've been very happy with SW for the past 6 months.

Sorry for your experience, but to come here and bash MyFico like you have is really lame!!!

Just sayin.........

Message 5 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

How does not reading the information equal fraud?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Good Luck.

+1

I did the 10 day free trial, called and cancelled on the 9th day, and was never charged a penny, a few weeks later, I decided to call back and purchase the SW product, and I've been very happy with SW for the past 6 months.

Sorry for your experience, but to come here and bash MyFico like you have is really lame!!!

Just sayin.........

+1

If you didn't fully read the details on the product its on you not myFICO

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
beograd17
New Visitor

No MyFico is a rip-off . there are plenty of other credit monitoring services that do not put you thru the headach that myfico does when you try to cancel , when you call to cancel they say no that you have to cancel in the cancelation period which is every 3 months, they say they have no way to put in a do not renew request, if you try to cancel on line it just refers you to a phone number where you get the run around. If you ask for a supervisor where they will put you onto a hold que.  I have tried this 3 times and I have waited as long as 22 minutes on hold, no one ever picks up. It is truly sad when a company has to reduce to such low and shady business practices in order to make it so hard form someone to cancel

Message 8 of 10
0x47
Contributor

I know the initial subscription is three months, but they force you into the subscription three months at a time?  If that's the case I'm canceling this month -- I'm not paying another three months for what has been a terrible service so far (score watch not working, customer service experiences, etc).

If you can't cancel month by month after the initial sub, then I'm calling ASAP to cancel during my "cancelation period."

Message 9 of 10
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

By what it says in the term it says 3 month minimum that you must keep the service not cancel before a 3 month term renews that would be high way robbery for people who only want it for the 3 months lol....
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.