Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a Bug or Problem with myFICO Products

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting a Bug or Problem with myFICO Products

For billing issues (i.e., you were billed when you didn't think you should have been billed, you canceled but you're still being billed, you ordered Product A but received Product B, etc.), your best point of contact is Customer Care. They have direct access to your account, and the ability to make changes to address your issue. We here on the Forums do not. Aside from providing a bit of psychological satisfaction through venting, posting a billing issue here really isn't going to help you resolve the problem.

If your issue is more technical, or you see an opportunity for product improvement, by all means post here. Please be specific as to the nature of the problem, or your suggestion for product improvement. In tracking bugs, details are everything. When did the problem occur? What were you doing immediately prior to the problem appearing? Does it appear when you access a specific screen or feature? What exactly do you believe the product should do differently? The more details you provide, the more assistance we can provide.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting a Bug or Problem with myFICO Products

I hae been a member of myfico for a few months.  I am very disappointed to find out that when I went to apply for credit and they pulled my report from Equifax, it did not match at all what is on here.  How can that be?  Why am I paying for this service if it states it is what is on Equifax and then find out it does not match wat Equifax shows?
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be just venting but at least everyone will know whats going on
I just want to say I am very disappointed in MY FICO right now.  I have subscribed to this service for almost two years.  Today I received an  alert indicating that my score dropped 16 points.  I have transferred a large bill to a credit card and I knew that would impact my score...but 16 points was more than I expected.  When I viewed the alert it said my score may have changed because of TWO NEW REASONS...one was the increase in the balance on the card....I knew that already.   It said the second reason was a NEW public record or collections.  Naturally that concerned me....I have a bankruptcy from NINE years ago....other than that I don't even have 1 late payment EVER.  So I bought a new report.  Guess what????  There was no new collections.  It was just the old one. I feel this is deceptive wording on behalf of My Fico and I expect more from a company I have trusted for nearly two years. I called the company to explain my position.  THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THAT REPORT IS BECAUSE MY FICO SAID I HAD A NEW COLLECTION OR PUBLIC RECORD.  That was not true.  I explained this to the first representative who of course said "oops, sorry...but we don't give credits"  I asked for a supervisor who then tried to tell me that perhaps something was UPDATED from the NINE YEAR OLD bankruptcy .....and that caused my score to drop...haaaaaaaaaaaa.  That was ridiculous.  I again asked to be credited the 10 dollars and he declined.  I asked his name and he said KIZZY.  I asked for his full name and he refused.  I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVID.  This is not about ten dollars.  Its about being deceived by this company so they can get more than the 80 dollars a year they already get.  Im canceling this subscription and letting everyone know that MY FICO has deceptive practices.
but i also want everyone to know about this!!!  
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, New World Man:

Trying to figure out where to post this-- 

RE:  TU's "Credit at a Glance Section"  (top heading section) reports whatever the total accounts on file as being past due--
         even though no accounts are past due.

DW posted in the credit cards section regarding a TU Fico reporting glitch?  I was wondering if anyone else is having this show up on their reports. 

TU is my lowest score and after pulling my report, I also have the same reporting glitch.  

In the "Credit at a Glance" section,  It is reporting all 21 of my accounts as past due.  I have 21 total accounts open and closed, none are past due. 

3 of those with baddies.  1 - SSFCU reports 11 lates 4 years ago.
2 chargeoffs with no lates listed due to fall off early 2008

Any suggestions on how to get this corrected or is it even affecting my score?

11/20/07 Fico  TU   648
                        EQ  699
                        EX  714

I am trying to figure out how to post picture, but it is on the same page as my personal info, any suggestions on that?
Message 4 of 37
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

gotFico wrote:
Hi, New World Man:

Trying to figure out where to post this-- 

RE:  TU's "Credit at a Glance Section"  (top heading section) reports whatever the total accounts on file as being past due--
         even though no accounts are past due.

DW posted in the credit cards section regarding a TU Fico reporting glitch?  I was wondering if anyone else is having this show up on their reports. 

TU is my lowest score and after pulling my report, I also have the same reporting glitch.  

In the "Credit at a Glance" section,  It is reporting all 21 of my accounts as past due.  I have 21 total accounts open and closed, none are past due. 

3 of those with baddies.  1 - SSFCU reports 11 lates 4 years ago.
2 chargeoffs with no lates listed due to fall off early 2008

Any suggestions on how to get this corrected or is it even affecting my score?

11/20/07 Fico  TU   648
                        EQ  699
                        EX  714

I am trying to figure out how to post picture, but it is on the same page as my personal info, any suggestions on that?

Hello gotFico,

This is a known bug in the report display that's being fixed.  It has absolutely no effect on your score.

What's happening here is that if there is anything negative, i.e. ever been late, included in BK, etc., it will say that ALL accounts are past due.

I'll let you all know when this has been fixed.

Thanks!

Barry
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

After attempting an online switch from monthly to yearly billing and being rejected by the server "because I already have a ScoreWatch product", I emailed Customer Service for assistance on same and requested to use the Holiday25 coupon. The cust serv rep wrote back that the coupon is only good on Credit Complete.

So, I called in and was told that not only that but that to switch to yearly billing I would have to cancel the monthly billing with her, and then log in and sign up for the 30 day trial of yearly billing online since that's the only way to sign up for yearly billing.

She also said that I would lose all of the accumulated data in my account since I would be "starting over".

I would consider most of that to be bugs that could be greatly improved on. Much more of account admin could and should be on the user side. Switching/upgrading between products should be diy and not require an email and phone call. Paid for data should never be deleted.

Last but not least, hopefully somewhere in a dust bunny is a stack of punch cards just waiting to be uploaded as "AllYourFicosEver for $39.95". Thank you for these great boards!
Message 6 of 37
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

huh wrote:
After attempting an online switch from monthly to yearly billing and being rejected by the server "because I already have a ScoreWatch product", I emailed Customer Service for assistance on same and requested to use the Holiday25 coupon. The cust serv rep wrote back that the coupon is only good on Credit Complete.

So, I called in and was told that not only that but that to switch to yearly billing I would have to cancel the monthly billing with her, and then log in and sign up for the 30 day trial of yearly billing online since that's the only way to sign up for yearly billing.

She also said that I would lose all of the accumulated data in my account since I would be "starting over".

I would consider most of that to be bugs that could be greatly improved on. Much more of account admin could and should be on the user side. Switching/upgrading between products should be diy and not require an email and phone call. Paid for data should never be deleted.

Last but not least, hopefully somewhere in a dust bunny is a stack of punch cards just waiting to be uploaded as "AllYourFicosEver for $39.95". Thank you for these great boards!

Looks like you got some bad info, at least on a couple of points, huh.  Maybe the agent you talked to you was new (at least I hope that was the case.) or having a bad daySmiley Tongue  Here's the scoop....

1.  I believe it's true that the Holiday25 promotional code is only good for Credit Complete.

2.  It's also true that you would have to have a customer service rep cancel your monthly subscription and that you would have to reorder the annual Score Watch product.

3.  It's not true that you would be ordering the 30 Day Free Trial version, since you've already had the product, but rather you'd be ordering the regular annual version.  Hopefully, the agent gave you a promo code for 10% off, which can be applied to the regular $89.95 annual price. (If not, let me know.)

4.  It's also not true that upon converting from monthly to annual that you would no longer have access to the reports, alerts, graphs, etc. that you already have.  You will, in fact, continue to have access to all of this info as long as you continue to subscribe to Score Watch, either annually or monthly.

And lastly, yes, there's a stack of punch cards disignated "All the FICO Scores You Can Eat for Only $__" waiting for someone from above to give the OK to load them into that big old mainframe.  This is the #1 thing our customers have asked for since day one, and all I can say is that, uh, well, we're still waiting for that OK....Smiley Mad

Sorry for the misinformation you got from customer service.  I will notify the call center supervisor so these errors can be addressed with the call rep you talked to.

Barry
Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Barry, can you also let me know when the past due reporting is fixed?  My TU Fico took a 100 point hit because TU is indicating "9" past due accounts, I only have one in collection with all others reporting clean.  The collected account should report paid by the end of this month.
Message 8 of 37
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

bzratdog wrote:
Hey Barry, can you also let me know when the past due reporting is fixed?  My TU Fico took a 100 point hit because TU is indicating "9" past due accounts, I only have one in collection with all others reporting clean.  The collected account should report paid by the end of this month.

Hi bzratdog,

Please be clear than any known issues with the way info is being displayed on reports from myFICO are most likely only affecting the way the info is displayed and are not necessarily affecting the scores themselves.  This is because the scoring takes place at the bureau and the formatting of the reports sold through myFICO takes place in the myFICO world.

As for such display issues, I'll have to check on that and get back to you, but I don't believe they've been resolved yet.  I will check, though.

If the report with the 9 past due accounts is from myFICO, I'd suggest also getting a TU report either directly from TU or from www.annualcreditreport.com to see how they're reporting these items, and then PMing me, letting me know what differences, if any, there are between the myFICO and TU reports.

Make sense?  Let me know if this isn't clear or if you have any more questions about this.  Good luck!

Barry
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just today switched from True Credit to Score Watch.  When I look at at my scorewatch account listing for 11 accounts it says 10 of those account numbers are not on record.  If I login to True Credit and look under Equifax it shows the account numbers for all of them.  Shouldn't they all be listed in Score Watch too since it's pulling from Equifax?

Thanks,

Chris
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.