Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOOOOO CONFUSED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOOOOO CONFUSED!

I recently signed up for the 30-day trial with Score Watch.  My husband and I just sold our beautiful home to pay off our first and second mortgages, and ALL credit card debt.  Yes, DEBT-free for the first time in 16 years!  The only problem is, we are living in a fifth wheel with our five kids trying to obtain a loan for a manufactured home (with a BK 1-1/2 years ago).

I have been anxiously awaiting even a slight rise in our credit scores (his EQ is 499 and mine is 511).  So, due to my impatience, I used both of my trial reports up within two weeks. 

I've read over the forums, and I just don't understand how these products work.  Is there a product sold on myfico that will allow you to see your score any time you want to?   I'm getting the impression that you only get two looks per year - is that right?   I just need someone to clarify for me.  I just want to know when my score changes, and if I understand right, Score Watch may not tell me if my score changes due to a decrease on my credit cards. 

Thanks for any help guys!  I feel like an idiot for asking, but I'm just not comprehending. 

Carrie

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SOOOOO CONFUSED!

Welcome to the forums!

Under SW, you do get two free copies of your EQ CR from myFICO twice each year. And that is in addition to the SW monitoring of EQ.

SW does monitor changes and events in your score. Make sure you take your most recent score and apply it to your "Target score" setting found in the "Settings" tab. I made the mistake early on and couldn't figure out why my score wasn't increasing. My target score was set lower than my current score. So, as my score rose, I wasn't getting any alerts. Set that target score equal to your current score or equal to that score plus 1. Make sure to change other settings to like to receive alerts for balance changes, rate changes, etc.

Other than SW, you could pull your scores as you see changes in your CR via FICO's Credit Complete. It is a little pricey, but for $15 or so you can pull a new report to see any changes to your score. Be sure to google for discount codes for FICO. You can also get EQ at a discount of $11 I think due to being a SW subscriber.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-10-2008 02:15 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOOOOO CONFUSED!

Congrats on being debt free!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.