Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW AU ?

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

SW AU ?

Hi there.  My dad added me as AU and the credit union said it will report any day now. (Hopefully they report to EQ).  Will SW update me if this account gets posted?  How will it know it is a "new account" since I will get my dad's entire history, so it wouldn't really be "new" - would it?

BTW:  Since this is feedback forum, I'll say that the info in MYFICO Forum is invaluable, that we can get the true FICO score a mortgage lender uses is amazing, but the fact that we have to buy a score to see what's up sucks.  It also sucks that we can't get a copy of the credit report to tell us exactly why the score changed.  They give like 4-5 It could be this/it could be that's, which isn't all that helpful.  I think you should charge a higher monthly fee for those that want daily credit reports and scores, but have the current price/version for the rest of the folks that are just monitoring in general, not biding their time for any point that comes their way like I currently am, as many others who are rebuilding and hoping for a mortgage loan are too.

Thank you

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: SW AU ?

IIRC, you won't get an alert, because the account won't announce itself, so to speak, as new. It will just be there one day with X amount of age, so there won't be anything to trigger an alert. I think that's how it works, anyway. I know that I don't get alerts when I add a back-dated AmEx account, and it's the same thing --it has an old age, so it doesn't ring the newness buzzer.

I don't think that there's a way to make alerts generate in this sort of thing (AU's and backdates.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.