Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW Alert Delays?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

SW Alert Delays?

Does anyone else experience serious delays in receiving a SW alert regarding changes to their accounts/credit score?

My husband and I both have SW for Equifax and we both also use an Experian service that allows us to refresh our Experian credit report every day so we can see changes in almost real time. Sometimes we won't receive a SW alert for a change until weeks after the change is actually made to our Equifax reports. This is very frustrating because SW alleges to be up to date, but it is clearly not.

Anyone else experience these same delays??

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: SW Alert Delays?

I should add that both my husband and I have read the SW guide and therefore, our settings are configured so that we will receive alerts as frequently as possible (e.g. both target score settings are set at our most recent scores per SW). We are both tring to watch our Equifax FICO scores very carefully because we would like to apply for a mortgage in June, but SW is making it impossible because it's simply not updating. I have already gone into the Alerts tabs and checked there to be safe, but nothing.

Our Experian reports reflect all kinds of changes (we paid off a bunch of credit cards and the statements closing dates have passed so we know the $0 balances were reported) but Equifax SW simply hasn't alerted us to these changes or shown any increases in score.

I'm just get frustrated - we're paying a total of $30/month for the two SW services, but I feel like the only way to get the accurate info is to pull new reports, which is just more money wasted Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Know that SW only tracks EQ and not EX. Whenever a CC, loan, etc. updates to your CR, they don't update to all three at once. In fact, depending on the creditor, it can take days before they finally update all 3. In some months, you might actually see a CCC, for example, not even update all 3, but only one or two. Last month my Amex didn't update EX at all and usually they update EX first. Likewise, I have a WF statement that cut over the weekend and it finally updated to EQ today as well as TU, but has yet to update EX. Typically, though, EX is the first to update with TU being the last. I use creditchecktotal (well, "used" as of this week if they do what they are saying they'll do...I'm cancelling) and they pull/ed all 3 everyday. You can get an idea of what updates first, last, etc.

I recommend looking at your EQ report daily from somewhere. You should find that any delay isn't weeks, but maybe days after the statement date because not all creditors report immediately after the statement date. IME, SW updated within a day or two max of the day they initially reported to EQ. Usually, they'd report on the same day.

Also know that SW doesn't alert you dropped util or dropped balances, only balance increases on EQ. If you are hunting for a mortgage and as those balances drop, you shouldn't be receiving any alerts on those cards. However, as balances drop and if your score increases due to that, then you'll typically get an alert if your score changed and would be alerted inside of 7-10 days for that score change and probably would include a mention of why (decreased balances).

Message 3 of 13
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Thank you very for your detailed reply.

Yes, I understand that SW only tracks EQ. Also, I do realize that SW doesn't alert for decreases in balances, but because these decreases will have such a big impact on our util %s, there's no doubt that each of our  credit scores will go up as a result, but SW hasn't alerted any increases.

Also, while I understand that under some circumstances creditors may update the CRAs at different times, for the accounts that I'm monitoring, I actually called the creditors to get the exact information about when updated information was reported to the CRAs. Each creditor confirmed that updated information was provided on X days, which was weeks ago and no SW update.

I tried to be super thorough and checked allof the variables about this before posting and it simply seems like I'm having some SW problems.

Message 4 of 13
crackiein
Valued Member

I have the same experience with SW even though it was only purchased on the 18th.  My EQ score has changed but no SW alert or even an update to my EQ score.  Not even as much as an alert stating no change.

Must be a technical issue that hopefully they're working quickly to resolve. 

Message 5 of 13
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Myself and my husband have had SW for a few months now and generally, it's worked well with minimal delays so we've been really happy. However, during May something is clearly wrong with SW for us. I had one creditor update on the 11th to all three CRAs, including EQ - this update would have clearly caused both mine and my husband's credit score to increase (joint CC, now PIF), and we have received no SW on it. Same thing with another CC that reported on the 15th (my CC only, was maxed out, now PIF) - no SW received indicating an increase, though clearly there would have been one.

Message 6 of 13
crackiein
Valued Member

There's definitely some technical problems that need to be immediately addressed.  When I signed up last week it didn't even calculate the discount code.  Of course, I should have mentioned it to the CSR when I called in but forgot bc I was too wound up about not getting the alerts or score changes.

Oh well, hope it gets fixed soon ...

Message 7 of 13
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Barry, are you around here? Can you please help explain this?

Message 8 of 13
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Barry, are you around here? Can you please help explain this?

Hi MBOhio2,

There are no particular tech issues I'm aware of that would apply to the situation you've described.  It looks like you were sent SW alerts most recently on 5/20 and 5/29, each one pointing out multiple changes to your EQ report.  In addition, your 5/20 alert included a score increase and then the report you pulled on 5/28 showed another increase.  Since you went and paid for another EQ report on 5/28, we've added a free report to your SW.

-Barry

Message 9 of 13
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@crackiein wrote:

I have the same experience with SW even though it was only purchased on the 18th.  My EQ score has changed but no SW alert or even an update to my EQ score.  Not even as much as an alert stating no change.

Must be a technical issue that hopefully they're working quickly to resolve. 

Hi crackiein,

Please keep in mind that it's perfectly normal for a score not to change for a week or two, or even a month or two.  I take it you know your EQ score changed from a source other than myFICO?  Perhaps you can tell us more about what leads you to believe your EQ score has changed?  Also, if you can point out what particular changes to your EQ report/score that have taken place recently, I can get a better understanding of whether you should be concerned or not about SW working properly.

-Barry

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.