Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW Trial Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SW Trial Questions

I am currently on 30 day trial, and i have a couple questions.

1. If my score goes up, from what i have read is that it may not generate a SW alert. So i cannot count on my weekly Sunday morning emails with a new score right? It states 7 to 10 days, so do i get an updated score about every week at least? Or does the date of the score not change at all if there is not an alert? (700 as of 7/19/2009 is my last one) would it show 700 as of 7/??/2009 this week at some point?

2. Once i "convert" to a subsciption, does my 2 Equifax full reports get reset or am i done for the rest of the year already?

Thank you for your input.

Message Edited by 1adam12 on 07-26-2009 10:49 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: SW Trial Questions

Hi 1adam12...First I'd suggest reading the Score Watch Guide to learn what exactly Score Watch does and doesn't do.  My answers to your specific questions are below....

1adam12 wrote:

I am currently on 30 day trial, and i have a couple questions.

1. If my score goes up, from what i have read is that it may not generate a SW alert. So i cannot count on my weekly Sunday morning emails with a new score right? It states 7 to 10 days, so do i get an updated score about every week at least? Or does the date of the score not change at all if there is not an alert? (700 as of 7/19/2009 is my last one) would it show 700 as of 7/??/2009 this week at some point? To get a "score" alert when your score changes, set your target score to your current one.  Then you'll be alerted when it goes up or down from there.  Or, if you only want to be alerted when it reaches a particular score, then set the target score to that score.  The changes to your credit report and score determine when you get alerted, so you may receive alerts daily, weekly or you may not get one for weeks or months if the changes to your report and score don't trigger any alerts.

2. Once i "convert" to a subsciption, does my 2 Equifax full reports get reset or am i done for the rest of the year already?  You'll get one report when you first enroll and then you can use your other one at any time over the next year.  If you use both in the first 30 days then, yes, you're "done" for the year.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your input.

Message Edited by 1adam12 on 07-26-2009 10:49 AM

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And to add, after you get your two free (= pre-paid) reports, additional ones are discounted, which helps.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still dont get why my score on the dashboard doesnt say 700 as of 7/26/2009 (or later), as it still says 700 as of 7/19/2009. Did it not update? It states it checks every 7 to 10 days, why doesnt it tell me it checked.

Even if the score didnt change, and i didnt get an "alert" should i not see that it actually did check within 7 to 10 days of the previous date?

Message 4 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

1adam12 wrote:

I still dont get why my score on the dashboard doesnt say 700 as of 7/26/2009 (or later), as it still says 700 as of 7/19/2009. Did it not update? It states it checks every 7 to 10 days, why doesnt it tell me it checked.

Even if the score didnt change, and i didnt get an "alert" should i not see that it actually did check within 7 to 10 days of the previous date?

What it's checking for every 7-10 days is to see if you've reached or exceeded your target score. You'll only get an update to the dashboard if an alert was triggered. Does that make sense?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya, i guess it makes sense for this product, and i guess this product isnt for me.

Its been 2 weeks since the last FICO date in which time over 60% of my $1700 total revolving balances have been paid off and reported (payed before 7/19, and confirmed reported via other 3 in 1 reports during the week of 7/19, and one account of those were paid to $0)

Enough for at least 1 point over the last 2 weeks, but no FICO status on 7/26, and no FICO status today 8/2.

I did make the change in the alert settings setting my target FICO to my current score.

I need to know that what i would be paying for actually works, and it SEEMS to me, at this point, that your product is not functioning. There was a post by a forum admin on 7/26 that there was a system updating issue on 7/26 when i was "supposed" to get and update. Im not sure if that affected my account or not.

It looks like the ScoreWatch just stopped working after the first 2 weeks of my trial.

And i would have no way to confirm unless i paid $10.95 in addition to the $89.95.

(re: the 7/26 outage: It was in the Support area)

and it now shows there was ANOTHER outage on 8/2 (quick disconnect) whatever that means.

New - Resolved: Equifax Outage ; Sunday, August 2, 2009

Message Edited by 1adam12 on 08-02-2009 10:43 AM
Message Edited by 1adam12 on 08-02-2009 10:43 AM
Message 6 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

1adam12 wrote:

Ya, i guess it makes sense for this product, and i guess this product isnt for me.

Its been 2 weeks since the last FICO date in which time over 60% of my $1700 total revolving balances have been paid off and reported (payed before 7/19, and confirmed reported via other 3 in 1 reports during the week of 7/19, and one account of those were paid to $0)

Enough for at least 1 point over the last 2 weeks, but no FICO status on 7/26, and no FICO status today 8/2.

I did make the change in the alert settings setting my target FICO to my current score.

I need to know that what i would be paying for actually works, and it SEEMS to me, at this point, that your product is not functioning. There was a post by a forum admin on 7/26 that there was a system updating issue on 7/26 when i was "supposed" to get and update. Im not sure if that affected my account or not.

It looks like the ScoreWatch just stopped working after the first 2 weeks of my trial.

And i would have no way to confirm unless i paid $10.95 in addition to the $89.95.

(re: the 7/26 outage: It was in the Support area)

and it now shows there was ANOTHER outage on 8/2 (quick disconnect) whatever that means.

New - Resolved: Equifax Outage ; Sunday, August 2, 2009

I understand your concern, although I wouldn't necessarily assume that a drop in utilization on one account will always raise your score.  Also, the Score Watch technical issues experienced recently shouldn't have any effect on the triggering of alerts -- only the timing with which you receive them.
I was going to give you a free report to see if your score increased, but it looks like you've canceled your SW subscription.  Sorry you weren't satisfied.  Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the thought, but time is up for the trial. 

I am looking for a service that regardless of whether it changed or not, reports to me, as of a scheduled repeatable date, what my FICO is. 

I do hope myfico.com can fix its technology issues, because I do like this interface's appearance and user friendliness. 

Quoting Barry:"although I wouldn't necessarily assume that a drop in utilization on one account will always raise your score" 

I should not have to assume at all.

That’s the point of this service right?

(it was 2 accounts, 1 paid to $0 and the other paid to $15.02 (interest after payoff)) 

Thanks for your time and responses

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.