Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch - 7 - 10 Day No Alert Sent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch - 7 - 10 Day No Alert Sent

According to SW GUIDE, the score is monitored every 7-10 days. The last alert I received was back in May 1st.

Since May 1st, I have had steady balance increases and there must have been an alert triggered since then.

I can only hope by June 1st there is a new alert. If it is possible, can someone at myfico please look into my account and see what is going on.

Good customer practice would be to fix this problem as soon as possible and if the problem can not be fixed, then stop allowing people to purchase the product or put a hold on new accounts and refund the current accounts until the problem is fixed. As of now, people seem to be paying for a service that is not being fulfilled and it should be on the company to inform it's users if there are any sufficient noticeable problems.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ubermensch
Valued Member

Re: Score Watch - 7 - 10 Day No Alert Sent

I haven't received an alert since March 11th! There is no way nothing has changed in over two months. I sent customer service a message asking why there has be nothing in 2 months, and I go a reply telling me in general terms what the Score Watch service provides. No help at all. Now I'm on hold waiting to ask a real person what's going on, and it keeps saying to visit this forum. Low and behold the first message is someone complaining about my exact problem. Has anyone gotten an answer about this?
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Your score may be monitored, but they do not issue alerts if there's no change. I'd recommend changing your score setting to match your current score and set everything else to the minimums. For a long while after getting SW, I wasn't receiving much of anything. Come to realize, my score had jumped but SW was looking for a change in the score threshold much much lower than where my score was at presently. In other words, it is best to change this setting each time your score changes.
Message 3 of 7
ubermensch
Valued Member

According to my settings, I should be alerted "whenever [my] FICO score changes."  I believe this is accurate as in Febuary I received an altert 5 days after a pervious alert when my score dropped by only 2 points.  Is it at all likely that my score has not changed by even 2 points in over 2 months?  I actually have two other credit monitoring services, and I know the FAKO scores they provide have fluctuated by much than 2 poins over the past 2 months.  Moreoever, I know that a couple of weeks ago I paid off an 8k credit card balance, and this has been reported to the credit agencies. 

There is obviously an issue here that at least some people are experiencing.  The only question is:  How common is it, and what is myFICO going to do for the people it affects?
Message 4 of 7
Mythic850
Contributor

@ubermensch wrote:
According to my settings, I should be alerted "whenever [my] FICO score changes." 

Is this setting in myFICO SW only? I've got the EQ SW product and I can't seem to find that setting anywhere.

Secondly, does anyone know what's up with the 7-10 day thing? They really should set a definate fixed period to help us customers have better expectations. I would be happy with it upating every 10 days -- I just want to know when I'm going to get the next one, rather than wondering if it's broken again.
Message 5 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

No SW alerts since April 27th.  Settings are as sensitive as they can be. 

Since then I have:

1.) paid down UTI to <20pct
2.) have zero balances on >50pct of my revolving accts
(the combination of these two should have given me a significant boost)
3.) opened a new revolving account (my first car loan in 10 years at the LOWEST Interest rate, thanks myFICO family!)
4.) had my secured card unsecured and the CL raised to 5k (from the SAME hard pull!)

When my CU pulled TU, score increase was 38 points from my 5/4/08 myFICO pull.  12 points higher than a myFICO TU pulled mere hours before.

EQ?  I have no idea since NO SW ALERTS!

Very frustrated, as much as I am grateful for the advice I've found on the boards here!  TU's 3-in-one service has at least shown movement on all three CRs.

atlast.....moving towards credit Zen.....
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 6 of 7
ubermensch
Valued Member

I think it is time we put together a concerted effort to get myFICO to explain what is going on here.

I just got two creditors to agree to remove adverse reports on Friday.  I am currently subscribed to 5 credit monitoring services:  myFICO, IdentityGuard, TransUnion (TrueCredit), Experian (FreeCreditReport.com), and Equifax (Score Watch).  I will post my experience with how quickly each of these servies alerts me of these updates.

Please post or message me with you experience with myFICO Score Watch working or not working. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.