Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Alert question

tag
silentdance
Valued Member

Score Watch Alert question

So I had a couple of baddies removed & my TransUnion & Experian reports (from annualcreditreport.com) updated, but I still haven't received any alerts from Quarterly Monitoring or Score Watch. Is this delay typical? Is a Score Watch issue or Equifax issue? What's a realistic timeframe to expect an alert with my new score?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score Watch Alert question

Well, if only your TU and EX reports have updated, that means it's not on EQ yet, so Score Watch won't know about it. Score Watch checks your Equifax report, so you're waiting on Equifax to update your (their) report.

AFAIK, the TU Quarterly Monitoring product doesn't alert for everyday credit changes. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about TUQM.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
silentdance
Valued Member

No, you're right about TUQM. They only monitor for identity theft & don't do daily updates. I never got an alert but pulled a new report & the accounts had deleted. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 3 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@silentdance wrote:

No, you're right about TUQM. They only monitor for identity theft & don't do daily updates. I never got an alert but pulled a new report & the accounts had deleted. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

Hi silentdance,

To be clear, TUQM monitors for changes to your credit report, i.e. new accounts, inquiries, but, as you know, only on a quarterly basis. Also, SW doesn't alert you when baddies (or any accounts) are removed from your EQ report.  You may want to check out our Score Watch Guide if you're at all unsure about what SW alerts you to.
-Barry

Message 4 of 6
silentdance
Valued Member

OK. Thanks Barry. I was hoping when the accounts were removed, my score would increase & trigger an alert. It didn't go up at all, but I'm still glad my report's looking better. I'll read more about SW.

Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If you have your settings set correctly and your score changes SW will send you an alert with score changes. It will give you general reasons as to why the changes have happened but more then likely would have to pull a report to know for sure.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.