Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Alerts

tag
dcal
Valued Member

Score Watch Alerts

That's it I am totally confused with score watch and the alerts it sends out. I receive alerts 3 times a week and it says something along the line. For the past week, myFico Score Watch has been montioring your Fico score and credit report for important changes, no important changes were found but they will continue to monitor  and send alert if important change is detected. I purchased a new score power report 6/1/2012 and Hello! I have a +17 points. I am wondering If when I do receive alerts will it be the score I received today or will it be a new score. Or was I ahead of the curve and beat Score Watch before they do what they do.  I usually wait until Score Watch say I have a score change. I miss knowing how many points gained + or - in the past Score Alerts. Oh yeah, I did have my settings set to the exact score from last power report.

Dcal

Starting Score: TU 572,EX-578,EQ-539 1-1-2014
Current Score: TU98-591, EQ-582, EX-595 (1-17-2014)
Goal Score= EQ- 760, TU- 760 EX- 760
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Score Watch Alerts

Same thing happen with me. I waited for an alert over a collection that was deleted thinking I would not have to use the second report to see the point increase. I had an increase of about thirty points and would have never known had I not pulled the second report. I don't understand either membership Fico offers.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 5
2NE1
Established Contributor

"There are credit alerts (fairly instant....sometimes inside a day, IME) for items like added inquiries, added accounts, change in stati, increased balances, and recent activity (these are the most common alerts). These changes will prompt a check of your FICO score and if your score moved, then you'll get the credit alert with the score change.

There are other goings on within your report that don't trigger a credit alert like changes in CL, decreased balances, removed accounts, removal or addition of lates assuming the status didn't change, account anniversies, and so on that don't ever trigger a credit alert. Sometimes, though, these items can result in a score change, and your EQ FICO is monitored every week or so for these changes. If the score moved, you won't get a credit alert, but you could end up with a score alert assuming your new score hit or surpassed your target score (found within your settings). The score alert isn't always instant because your FICO isn't monitored daily, but expect one if your FICO changed and your score is monitored within that week period.

For best results ALWAYS set your target score to match your current score. That way, if your score goes up or down, you'll get alerted. And after every alert and every FICO report pull, ALWAYS check, and reset, if needed, your target score. Lather, rinse and repeat."

full credit: @llecs.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems like no matter what, it does not alert. I have monitoring through EQs site as well and have had a lot of activity recently that should have triggered SW alerts, but have had none. Increases in balances, inquiries, etc. and nothing.  not too sure about SW's accuracy anymore.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

low and behold, now i have an alert with a +2 increase in score. crazy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.