cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Busted....is anyone doing anything about this?

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Score Watch Busted....is anyone doing anything about this?

@fittiger wrote:
I'm having an issue. I have an AMEX balance that has changed to $0, statement date was Nov 7th. I've been waiting for SW to update this account and usually does on the 12th of the month. I checked my EQ report through their website on the 13th and it shows that it has been updated on my report. Why is SW still not reflecting this? I've had another account statement close on the 12th and is reporting via SW. Is SW just not going to capture my AMEX alert this month?

This really calls into question the reliability and accuracy of this product and why myFICO is charging $15 a month on a product that doesn't work. I have to wonder if the score being provided is even accurate as the last time I updated my report through SW, my score spontaneously changed over 15 points.

Seriously, what gives? Maybe people are owed refunds or credits towards free reports.

Now I have had the following report on my CR with no updates from score watch:

• 3 Credit Limit increases
  • 4 Credit Card accounts with balance changes, 2 have been paid off ($0)

But I have received notifications of:

• 3 inquires
  • 3 different Credit Card accounts with balance changes (all increases in balances)

I expected a score increase from paying these 2 cc's balances to $0 and lowering overall utility.  Or at least a temporary drop for the inquiries.  Is the EQ FICO scoring busted as well?  

Can anyone from myFICO give an answer to whats going on with their product?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch Busted....is anyone doing anything about this?

SW doesn't alert to CLIs or CLDs. SW will alert you to any score changes but if you got alerts for inquiries or CC balance changes, and your score did not change, then it really didn't change. IME, most of my inquiries resulted in no FICO change.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.