Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Error?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch Error?

I received an alert today 08/17/08 that "Applying for credit has added an inquiry to my credit report."  the two creditors listed in the alert show an inquiry date of 08/11/07 and 08/14/07 (about a year ago).  I already got this alert a year ago.  There was/is no change to score????

Kinda makes me want to spend money on a new power score to see if there are any changes/duplicate reports.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score Watch Error?

I'd first call CS Monday morning and ask "hey". That's an odd one. So you haven't app'd for anything? There's not any risk of a collection agency sniffing around, is there?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

These INQ's are actually no longer being counted in scoring- as they just reached a year old.

I would still call or email CS.  

Bluesque wrote:
I received an alert today 08/17/08 that "Applying for credit has added an inquiry to my credit report."  the two creditors listed in the alert show an inquiry date of 08/11/07 and 08/14/07 (about a year ago).  I already got this alert a year ago.  There was/is no change to score????

Kinda makes me want to spend money on a new power score to see if there are any changes/duplicate reports.

Message 3 of 9
netnet

Any resolution to this. I had the same thing happen last Friday. They are both from 08/07 and my FICO score went up..probably unrelated but odd.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a power score 08/17/08 and the inquiries did not show up on the credit report.  I have to assume it is some kind of Score Watch error.

Message 5 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Bluesque, netnet --

There was an error that caused those old Score Watch alerts to be sent out.  Please disregard them.  We apologize for the error.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, how about a free power score.
Message 7 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Well, since that erroneous alert caused you to buy a new Equifax report, we've added a free one to your Score Watch subscription.  Again, sorry for the error, Bluesque.  Smiley Happy

Bluesque wrote:
Hey, how about a free power score.

Message 8 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Just so you all know, on 8/14 Score Watch incorrectly triggered alerts on several thousand old inquiries.  Ooops!    Smiley Mad

Fortunately, this was an isolated incident and has been prevented from reoccurring.  Our apologies for this error.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.