Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
10-02-2012 06:26 AM
10-02-2012 06:28 AM - edited 10-02-2012 06:32 AM
Is uti only based on open accounts?
Util as seen [by] the Beacon 5.0 FICO version as found on SW includes:
1) All CCs that report a CL of anything other than $0 or none at all.
2) All closed CCs reporting a balance and CL factor into util.
3) Most charged-off CCs reporting are factored into util if they report a balance.
4) HELOCs and LOCs factor into util up to a certain limit (>$20k).
5) Certain NPSL CCs like Amex can factor into some versions of FICO like the TU on here, but not on the EQ here.
6) there are a couple of rare cases on here where a CA was coded in a way as to factor into util.
ETA...7) Util does not include any CC with a dispute comment within their comments and does not include any CC that hadn't updated in months (based on the reported date).
If util is listed, it's always worth the exercise to reverse engineer to make sure your util calcs matches how FICO sees util.
10-02-2012 06:35 AM
26% at least that's what my score report is saying. One account had a balance of 516 cl 1000, the other balance of 220 cl 500. They're now at 300 and 150.
For clarity, it decreased from 26% to 24%? I wouldn't expect a change on 2%. If it dropped to 19% or below and/or more balances reached $0 due to a paydown, then I'd say it's possible to see a small gain depending on the changes. Also if in the #3 slot, it's harder to realize score gains on util because other things are weighing down your score more.
10-02-2012 07:23 AM
10-02-2012 07:41 AM
You really don't see changes on the individual util level, unless the card was over the limit, or unless that individual CC had a great impact on overall util. I've paid CCs down from 80% to 0% and have seen no score changes.
10-02-2012 10:36 AM
I guess nothing's happening on my end. No changes whatsoever. Guess that could be a good thing in some cases, but I was really hoping that the AU would help since all I had was the auto, in good standing of course, and then this AU would be the oldest TL and with a clean history as well.