Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch - No Alerts

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Score Watch - No Alerts

Posting this here to get more views.

I got an email saying that there are no changes have been found based on my settings. I did set my target score to my current EQ score. I am surprised that there are no changes as I am expecting a little increase in my scores. Can I trust Score watch and assume that there is no change to my score?

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch - No Alerts

Yes. If you goal score is set to your current score, it will notify you if there is any change, plus or minus.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 24
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I get score watch alerts quite frequently... many with score changes.  If you have a lot of credit cards and the statement balances are not always the same every month, you should see your FICO change.

If you aren't using your cards often and they always are at $0 before the statement posts, then you are only relying on AAoA, which is rounded down to the nearest year.... so you probably won't see that change every month.  It might take a full year if you don't have a lot of old accounts currently.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 24
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

okay, Thanks for the update. Then I wont use the score plus report to check my score yet.

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No !!! It doesn't update. I had to cancel my subscription yesterday actually, because it was stuck on a certain score for a very long time and I had to buy the same exact Equifax report that Score Watch is supposedly "watching", lo and behold, the score was 35 points higher on the new report as opposed to Score Watch! It reported on the first month very well, then the last 2 months it virtually stopped. 

To all the nay sayers out there, how can I possibly have a score of 690 on score watch that was unchanged, and a second later I order a new report with a 35 point difference? I cancelled my score watch the next day, which still didn't report the new score! Same companies, so don't tell me there are updating delays...

Message 5 of 24
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No !!! It doesn't update. I had to cancel my subscription yesterday actually, because it was stuck on a certain score for a very long time and I had to buy the same exact Equifax report that Score Watch is supposedly "watching", lo and behold, the score was 35 points higher on the new report as opposed to Score Watch! It reported on the first month very well, then the last 2 months it virtually stopped. 

To all the nay sayers out there, how can I possibly have a score of 690 on score watch that was unchanged, and a second later I order a new report with a 35 point difference? I cancelled my score watch the next day, which still didn't report the new score! Same companies, so don't tell me there are updating delays...

That is sad. I was really hoping that I get updates as soon as the score changes.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I usually go to Creditkarma (Transunion) or CreditSesame (Experian), which are 100% free without any subcription or trials. The scores are FAKO obviously, but they do report everything and you can pretty much estimate your score based on whatever balances are reflected anyway

Message 7 of 24
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tennisfan78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is sad. I was really hoping that I get updates as soon as the score changes.

I don't know what to say about FiscalCliffer's situation. I DO get updates if my score changes. I would suggest that FC contact the site admin if there is a problem with the service.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

FiscalCliffer is the only poster that has ever posted this kind of issue. Probably a system glitch. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't say I didn't get updates. They are always delayed. Personally, I get really obsessed with a project no matter what it is, I don't know anyone else that would pay $13 or $20 for an Equifax credit score and report from MYFICO.com when they have Equifax Score Watch from MYFICO.com already. Usually people wait until it updates and assume it'll be the same thing.

I just couldn't wait for it. Go to google and search for "ScoreWatch delayed update" and you'll see how frequent of a problem it is

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.