cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch - No Alerts

tag
pbflyer

Re: Score Watch - No Alerts

This is certainly not the first complaint.  I was a satisfied user for years.  The product is not at all what it used to be. I will be cx'ing on Monday

Message 21 of 24
haoniukun
Established Member

I have the same issue.

A new card was added to my credit report two days ago, but I didn't get an alert from myfico.

Does the free trial really work?

If it doesn't work, how can I have the confidence to buy the product?

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I had 2 collection items deleted in the last week and my other monitoring sites have already alerted me and I don't pay for them. It doesn't seem worth the extra money to pay for something I don't get that is supposed to be automatic. My settings are at my current score so something is wrong with this picture. I'm seeing a mortgage lender tomorrow and hope myfico will update by then and give me the piece of mind that it intends and that I pay for.
Message 23 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I am having the same issue. I had 2 collection items deleted in the last week and my other monitoring sites have already alerted me and I don't pay for them. It doesn't seem worth the extra money to pay for something I don't get that is supposed to be automatic. My settings are at my current score so something is wrong with this picture. I'm seeing a mortgage lender tomorrow and hope myfico will update by then and give me the piece of mind that it intends and that I pay for.

Check out the ScoreWatch Guide found stickied here. SW monitors your EQ report only along with your EQ FICO. While it'll alert for added accounts, added inquiries, account changes, increased balances, etc., it doesn't alert for dropped balances or dropped accounts. Absent a credit alert of a dropped account, the fall back is SW's score monitoring. It advertises that it monitors your EQ FICO for changes every 7-10 days provided there aren't any credit alerts in the interim. Score alerts go off the target score. So if the dropped baddie moves your EQ FICO to either equal or surpass your target score, then you'll get a score alert. For best results, always set your target score to exactly match your EQ FICO and reset with each score change. Some set it one point above, but not every dropped baddie will increase your FICO; it can decrease it. And likewise, not every dropped baddie will result in a score change, either way.

If you don't pay for monitoring, then I'm guessing you use both Credit Sesame and Credit Karma. Neither of these monitor EQ. Are you sure it dropped on EQ already? If you know it dropped and your EQ FICO did change with your target score correctly set, then I'd guess an alert inside of 7-10 days from the date it dropped. 

Good luck on the mortgage. I went through it not too long ago and I had to be in the know, if you know what I mean.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.